corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ignition switch

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ignition switch
edd1.0

User status: Offline
4th Oct 08 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im off to the scrapy today to get hold of an igntion switch as i broke my last one trying to get it off
does anyone know how i can fit my new igntion switch and still keep the old wires rather then butchering the loom

thanks
wozza51

4th Oct 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont doo it push button start FTW
edd1.0

4th Oct 08 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i mite after i get my alarm sorted but i still need the ignition switch lol i think thts wot its called its on the end of the barrel and it turns connectors and stuff with the key
wozza51

4th Oct 08 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats the one mate
edd1.0

4th Oct 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought so lol i dont suppose u knw hw to disconnect the cap with all the wires at the end with out breakin anything do u ? lol
ali_corsa

4th Oct 08 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here you go edd.....take off the steering wheel trim until u can see the wiring for the indicator stalks . put the ket in the switch to posistion I then get a paper clip or a thin piece of wire press the rod down onto the spring and pull out the lock using the key, if it doesnt come out on posisition I try II, then disconnect wiring connector, there might be two screws to take out one at the front and one at the back. fitting it put the new lock in on position I or II. keep the centre of switch block alligned with the lock cylinder rods, push it into its housing area until the springs click, check it all and refit steerign wheel trim
edd1.0

4th Oct 08 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh okk ive got it all off nw thank for ure help bt ive got the part from the scrappy onli to find it was the wrong one , i think the switches are different on injection car and teh scrap yard didnt have any
ali_corsa

4th Oct 08 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what year of car did you get it from edd
edd1.0

4th Oct 08 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

L reg bt it onli have 4 connectors where as mine has 6 ,bt ive been on ebay and brought the right one for £10 so its not all bad jst gta put up with not being able to drive my car for a few days
ali_corsa

4th Oct 08 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea youre key has a chip in it where as mine wouldnt i would of been able to use the l reg one but you would need anything from 1997 upwards
edd1.0

4th Oct 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh okk wel if u ever need a igntion switch u can have one lol i can bring it college or somthing lol

New Poll