corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Dishwasher blowing electrics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dishwasher blowing electrics
Charlene

User status: Offline
28th Sep 08 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i bought a new dishwasher today, connected it all up etc and then went to switch it on, it keeps blowing all the electrics in the house, i have tried a few different plug sockets and each time it blows the electrics

Do you reckon it is a dodgy dishwasher? as the electrics wont turn back on until we unplug the dishwasher, although i had the same problem at work when i bought a new toaster but this worked in another socket and was ok in the other socket after a while

Thanks
Fad

28th Sep 08 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd get an sparky in if you found you had this with your toaster too
Charlene

28th Sep 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought the toaster and dishwasher both from comet, the toaster happened at work
Fad

28th Sep 08 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you still have to sawp the plugs around. We had this problem which turned to be some wiring behind the plasterboard fraying and burning away. Got it just in time.
Russ

28th Sep 08 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your wiring is probably on a radial, and you have the cooker, the kettle the fridge the toaster the washing machine all drawing power from one cable.
mattk

28th Sep 08 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as Russ said....

If its a new dishwasher Im betting that it only has a cold water feed and no hot water feed?

If thats the case they do use Alot of current
ash_corsa

28th Sep 08 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
your wiring is probably on a radial, and you have the cooker, the kettle the fridge the toaster the washing machine all drawing power from one cable.

Cooker should not be on the same circuit as the sockets.
Doesnt matter about current draw, if its fitted with a 13A socket then it must draw less that 13A, aslong as your kettle, toaster, tumble drier, dishwasher and washing machine arnt all on at the same time which i very much doubt they would be, then it wont trip due to overload.

Is it an RCD tripping or an MCB?
Russ

29th Sep 08 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

single electric oven is fine aslong as its on a ring and not a radial.
ash_corsa

29th Sep 08 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
single electric oven is fine aslong as its on a ring and not a radial.

True, you said cooker which implies oven and hob all-in-one which requires its own circuit.

Any you also said you shouldnt put a single oven on a radial but in your previous post you said "wiring is probably on a radial, and you have the cooker..."

[Edited on 29-09-2008 by ash_corsa]
Russ

29th Sep 08 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know you shouldnt put a single oven on a radial, but hers probably is. my oven (single) is on a ring and my hob (electric) is on its own radial
Charlene

1st Oct 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was only a cold water feed although took it back and was a problem with the dishwasher, never had any more in so had to get our money back

New Poll