corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car Problem, Anyone know what it could be? Please Help :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Problem, Anyone know what it could be? Please Help :(
Voyto

User status: Offline
6th May 04 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, here are a few things that have happened to me, does anyone know what the problem could be??

1. Sometimes when im coming up to a junction i put the clutch in and then into neutral. The revs dont always drop to idle point they just stay at 3k or whatever they were at before.

2. I was just driving along last nite in 3rd gear doing 30mph and the temp guage just shot into the red for about 5 mins and then fell all the way back down to normal temp.

3. Driving up a slight uphill which i go on everday to get home, the engine management just came on and the car stopped accellerating (sp). then after a couple of seconds it went off and was normal again.

4. when pulling off and changing gear it holds back a lot, i thought it was just flat spots but i got standard air filter on now and still get it.

5. Three of my LEDs in the dash have all poped as wel as one of my side repeaters, so im thinking its going to have somethin to do with the electrics? also one of the LEDs that aint popped just keeping turning on and off randomly.

6. The car does not go anywhere as fast as it used to. it will not pick up at all (i know its only a 1.2 but it was better than what it is now)

7. When accellerating there is a loud rattling noise coming from the engine. I *think* its only doing it when im in gear rather than reving it on the spot.

Its all just been serviced and MOTd and it went through ok. Has anyone else had these problems and if so what was the solution???

Help

[Edited on 06-05-2004 by VoYtO LeViCh]
Corsa E-Tec

6th May 04 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the electrics i would check the fuse box, but the rest i have no clue. sorry!
Siberia

6th May 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the revs wandering around try the temp sensor. it fixed my 1.2

urm.. the fact that there rattling coming form the engine could be sumthing alot more serious.
Voyto

6th May 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deanmcreynolds26

6th May 04 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had something similar and it was the oxygen sensor got it replaced and the problem was solved
Voyto

6th May 04 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DangerousDave16v

6th May 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont like taking my car to garages sometime as it can return with more problems than it had originally dur to numpy apprentices, sounds like a electrical/wiring problem.
check the inlet manifold isnt blocked,
or take it to vauxhall and have it diagnosed. sounds like a faulty connection if the behaviour changes depending on the motion of the car
Rob B

6th May 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats bad mate when did this start? , im sure its nothing serious,
Voyto

6th May 04 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope it aint! a garage told me it might be somethin to do with the injectors. but since i fitted undercar neons the electrics has gone silly. i did drill through the wiring loom but repaired each wire so i dont think its that?
1600power

6th May 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VoYtO LeViCh
i hope it aint! a garage told me it might be somethin to do with the injectors. but since i fitted undercar neons the electrics has gone silly. i did drill through the wiring loom but repaired each wire so i dont think its that?

i wudnt b so sure of yourself on that one m8 especially when things have been blowing etc, etc.

I wud get the electrics looked at immedietly this could be a very very serious problem.

It sounds like something is shorting out, if u keep driving it as it is it cud result in a fire being caused!

Get it sorted!
Voyto

6th May 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit
Black Corsa SRi

6th May 04 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1600power
quote:
Originally posted by VoYtO LeViCh

i wudnt b so sure of yourself on that one m8 especially when things have been blowing etc, etc.

I wud get the electrics looked at immedietly this could be a very very serious problem.

It sounds like something is shorting out, if u keep driving it as it is it cud result in a fire being caused!

Get it sorted!

I agree, if all the problems stated after you drilled through the loom then i'd say that your problem, especially as you repaired it, gives a lot moe chance of shorts or mistakes etc. What method did you use to repair? Did u use crimps etc? how u insulate the repairs etc?

New Poll