corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » removal of steering wheel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author removal of steering wheel
Mr Turner

User status: Offline
31st Aug 08 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, i got a sport, N reg, wanting to remove the steering wheel just wondering how i go about it due to having an air bag on the steering wheel?

thanks
sean
B3KAN

31st Aug 08 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disconect battery for an hour before hand then behind the steering wheel there are 2 torque screws remove them then the airbag will come off then disconect it and remove nut on the steering wheel and pull like fook will come off eventually
NORRIS-07

31st Aug 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont take the nut off all the way though else you'll end up with a steering wheel inprint in your face haha because it takes alot of force to get the steering wheel off
Mr Turner

31st Aug 08 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then, thanks for the replies lads, will give it a try.
Nathan1.5td

1st Sep 08 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me my m8 and my dad all tried to get my steering wheel off and still couldnt get it to budge
Ellis

1st Sep 08 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it doesn't budge then you'll have to get Vaux pullers...
Bobber123

1st Sep 08 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just puuuul it, haha.. they do not budge for ages, you have to proper rag them off if you dont have the toot to do it, it will pop off eventually!
Mr Turner

1st Sep 08 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got mine off now, i undid the nut to the end of the thread and pulled like fuck and twisted the steering wheel and it came off straight away, lot easier than i thought.
taz-3457

1st Sep 08 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont screw the nut off completely and the beat the nut off to brake the seal on it... i did it on mine last weekend there
boz_gsi

2nd Sep 08 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leave nut on abit and get somthing you can hit with a hammer i used an extension lastime i did it lol, and get a couple of mate to pull back on the wheel as you hit it

New Poll