corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Airbag steering wheel and clocks removal.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Airbag steering wheel and clocks removal.
16V_1600

User status: Offline
6th Feb 08 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Right I have some red LEDs to replace the tired stock bulbs in my corsa sport clocks. I know how to remove the clocks, but is it possible to remove them from a Corsa B 2000 plate 1.6 sport without disturbing the airbag/steering wheel?

As in the steering wheel and airbag can remain in place while the clocks are removed?

Any help appreciated
Fonz
Premium Member

6th Feb 08 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes!! piece of piece, follow the instructions in a Haynes manual you'll see there is no need to remove the steering wheel

need to remove the steering column surround plastic (3 screws)
then the "hood" (3 screws)
then there are a further three screws for the clock assesmble itself. its a fiddle to twist it passed the wheel but it does go.

it should be out in 12mins or better!
Fonz
Premium Member

6th Feb 08 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to show i done it - you can see the three screw locations too (painted yellow)
pow
Premium Member

6th Feb 08 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes its very possible, just a fine art of turning and twisting the clocks out with the smaller airbag wheel still in place
16V_1600

6th Feb 08 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks fellas!

Thought it were goin to be a right pain if the airbag steering wheel had to be removed

New Poll