corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » maybe coilover problem!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author maybe coilover problem!?
mikey26

User status: Offline
15th Aug 08 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got coilovers on my corsa they are bout 4 years old now and i have a knockin noise from the n/s/r wen cornering thought it could be the exhaust knocking on the axle but it isnt! could it be the wheel bearing or the coilover buggered? its doin my head in now coz aint the money to take it to a garage at the mo!!
Steve X16XE

16th Aug 08 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a humming noise? That's what the wheel bearings sound like when they are on there way out.

Or is it like a banging noise? If you are on a smooth serfice does it make the same noise? What happends if your parked up and you get one of your mates to jump up and down in the boot? Does it make the same noise?
mikey26

16th Aug 08 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest mate its a fairly loud ride coz of exhaust and body kit so wouldnt hear a humming,its only on the cornering wen the weight is on passenger side it doesnt seem to matter what suface it is bit worryin really! cheers steve1
Steve X16XE

16th Aug 08 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine makes a banging noise all the time. I thought it was down to the springs as the rear of my car is stripped. So got propper springs for that and it's still doing it. Now i think it's the dampers that are making the noise. I have Spax RSX adjustables on. However i think that only 1 damper is working on the car that not good

Next time your out driving, find a smooth road and stick the car in netural and have a good listen.

I'm going to record mine sometime soon (not right now as i'm rather drunk ) so you can compare the noise or you could do your own recording for others to listen to incase they reconise the noise.
mikey26

16th Aug 08 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a good idea mate will try the puttin in netural first and maybe get the missus to drive so i can get in the back hopefully she will be able to get it round the corner quick enough lol!
Chrisenglish

16th Aug 08 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get this, when turning left, thought bearings too

New Poll