corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Petrol smell

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol smell
tazzer-t

User status: Offline
4th Jul 08 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever i sit at traffic or just turn my engine on I'm getting a strong smell of petrol. I went to my local garage and a breather pipe was snapped so i replaced it. The smell still hasn't gone away and wondering what it could be?
Fonz
Premium Member

4th Jul 08 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suspect its petrol!!!

serious answer have you looked under the bonnet, or underneather the car and seen any leaks, drips or damp spots?
tazzer-t

4th Jul 08 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye i took the ecotech cover off and spotted this snap in the breather pipe so i bought another thinking it would solve the problem. I only get the odd condensation from the exhaust which I suspect is normal, I've only been driving for 2 months..
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jul 08 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1993 has had a tank, pipes, filter connectors, rail connectors, loads of stuff. Could be anywhere along the entire system as it's all susceptible to leaks. Just get in there and have a proper look.
pleyer

5th Jul 08 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a similar problem with mine and when it was full you could see where it would run from the top of the petrol tank, around it, and then drip on the floor. What it turned out to be was the seal which is situated under the rear seat. This had never been put back properly and as a result leaked. Just be careful when taking this to pieces becaue it can be difficult to put back together.

New Poll