corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » ps3 help! hdmi cable

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ps3 help! hdmi cable
John G

User status: Offline
4th Feb 08 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically iv bought a second hand ps3. but it wont show up a picture on my tv, its gettin power readin discs, charging controllers

so i rung the lad up i bought i off who told me he was usin it through a hd tv hense the hdmi cable, he said the 1st time he linked the hdmi cable up and starter the console up it asked him if he wanted to configure the console to play it through the hdmi,

how can i change it back to scart cable? as no screen appears in the 1st play so i cant go into any settings, im thinkin im goin to have to find someone with a hd tv start the console with hdmi cable and go into the configuration settings and swop them back, anyone else had this problem?
andy1868

4th Feb 08 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, you'll need to plug it in via HDMI and change it to scart. just remember to have the HDMI and scart plugged in because when you click change to scart you have 30 seconds to go to the scart channel and confirm. if you don't confirm it won't change the settings
John G

4th Feb 08 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

legend matey, seems such a stupid way of doin it cos i havent got an hd tv so now i have to find someone to with one
andy1868

4th Feb 08 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i had this problem to start with, i played it on my brothers tv to start with in HDMI then tryed to play it through scart on mine and thought it was shagged you're right, it is a stupid way of doing it
John G

4th Feb 08 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just so baffled cos my ps2 was stil workin, and the ps3 was doin everythin it shud do bare display a pic, lookin like im not gonna have to go al the way to the lads house i bought it off and ask him to chnage it back! as i dont know of anyone with a hd tv, cheers andy
andy1868

4th Feb 08 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turns out you shouldn't need to do that, just read this on the PS3 site

quote:

Moving your PLAYSTATION 3 to another television

PLAYSTATION 3 remembers the display settings you give it. If you are moving your PS3 between an SD and an HD TV, you may find you have a blank screen. Simply reset your PLAYSTATION 3 to restore the default SD setting in the following way: turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 system then press and hold the power button for approximately 5 seconds until you hear a beep. You can then use the Settings category in the XMB to configure your Display settings manually.

http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/ps3/guides/detail/item48646/Connecting-to-your-TV/
John G

4th Feb 08 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so an i readin that right, i turn it off at the back and press and hold the power button on the front for 5 seconds?

then turn the console back on?
andy1868

4th Feb 08 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesn't specify what turning it off means, you'll have to try both!
John G

4th Feb 08 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill try turning it off at the back an holdin the standy button at the front see what that does because surely if it on at the back and i hold the standy button for 5 secons it wont do anytin cos it will automatically start after 1 second.

god dam sony makin life hard gotta wait till i finish work at 6pm now to grrrr

cheers for searchin around andy

New Poll