corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » oil and water mixed in pipes but head gasket looks fine??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author oil and water mixed in pipes but head gasket looks fine??
sumner2k3

User status: Offline
17th Jan 08 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was all oil and water mixed in all the water pipes and header tank so i assumed the head gasket had gone, so i stripped head down and took the gasket off but it doesnt seem to be damaged or any where it could of blown..

does this mean it hasnt blown or could it still blow and the gasket it self not actually show any damage?
craig_s

17th Jan 08 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine is it?
sumner2k3

17th Jan 08 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c20xe
choochoo82

17th Jan 08 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heads gone poorous by the sounds of thing
craig_s

17th Jan 08 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at the face of the head.most common place for them to blow is the water jacket at the end of the head near cyl no.4 or between pistons.if you can't see where it has blown get the head pressure tested just to be safe.did you do a compression test before you took the head off?
sumner2k3

17th Jan 08 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah i didnt do a compression test.. is there any way i can tell if its gone porous?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

17th Jan 08 at 07:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at the engine with the bonnet open, there is a pipe going from the top right of the cam cover back into the block/whatever. Take off the pipe at the cam cover end and see if its full of mayo.

If your C20XE doesnt have a COSCAST head then more then likely it has gone pourus.

Or it could be a head bolt coming loose, the most common bolt is the bottom left (again when look down at the block). What happens is the head will lift and sometimes cool down one of the cyl I think? Check the gasket.
sumner2k3

17th Jan 08 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt have a coscast head mate.. the head bolts were really tight when i took them out so i doubt it could be that
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

17th Jan 08 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pourus then

New Poll