corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » AMP AND SUB CONNECTING, WIRE REMOTE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AMP AND SUB CONNECTING, WIRE REMOTE
Mobby

User status: Offline
4th Jan 08 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about to wire a sub and amp up and to wire up the remote on the amp i have to cut a wire on my stereo connector, will this do any of the other speakers damage by not running a remote to them as ill be replacing the door ones too,? and also can anyone tell me the best place to get the powerwire through to the battry and is any drilling needed?

[Edited on 04-01-2008 by mobby]
cfuk
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Jan 08 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put the remote to the sig lighter and for the power cable there is a point in the pessender side or one on the drivers side
swedge

4th Jan 08 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look under the dash on the passenger side there should be like a rubber gromet thing leading to the engine bay, go through there
Mobby

4th Jan 08 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sig lighter???? the remote wire needs to go to the amp?, i have three connections on the amp, pwr(power) gnd(earth) and rem (remote),do you mean fag lighter if so why does this need to be done and what do i put in the rem bit ??
mac1976

4th Jan 08 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

connect it to the remote on the amp and to the blue and white wire to the back of your head unit.. wot make of head unit u got
scottyp1989

5th Jan 08 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can connect the remote to any ignition live in the car or there is normally a blue an withe wire on your cd player that you can connect it to. it wont do anythin to any other speakers as it is only powering the amp. an as said before for the power cable there is a rubber grommet behind the glove box that has wires running through it already. just cut an X in the side of it an feed the power cable through. its easier to get to if you take the glove box out tho
Mobby

5th Jan 08 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i get ya, so when the ignitions of it turns the amp off, cheers lads

New Poll