corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Comps (crossovers needed when amping?)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Comps (crossovers needed when amping?)
Will_Sport

User status: Offline
17th Sep 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right.... got my infinity components in. BUT i've just used that original resistor type jobby that was connected to original tweeter in door handle.

Now i've just bought an amplifier for the set... question is, can i just keep it as it is, or will i have to stick the crossovers in to prevent them being destroyed?

plus: if i do use the crossovers... where should i put them and where should i wire from/to and where should the wires going between go ideally?

Also can someone clear the wiring up for me?

1) power from battery - what wiring kit do i need... its a 600w (2x 100w rms) amplifier... theres just so many i aint got a clue which to go for!
2) what wires do i need to connect to the headunit?
3) what wires to i need to connect to the speakers?

looked in the wiring diagrams bit and got a rough idea... just want some more detail in the stages.

Thank you lovely corsa spor-tastic people
grogan

User status: Offline
25th Sep 06 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ya goona pump ya music up i wud use cross overs. 1 wire from amp to crossover, then 1 wire to each side of the speaker (so 2 really)

then for sub, remote wire & aux leads from headunit to amp, power cable from battery to amp, earth wire from amp to a good earth point (i.e. wheel well) and speaker wire from amp to sub

[Edited on 25-09-2006 by grogan]

New Poll