corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Living room pics, and now updated with bedroom pics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Living room pics, and now updated with bedroom pics
Jay

User status: Offline
   13th Dec 07 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its been 7 months in the making and its almost finished, work has been slow latley since I started working again! But managed to get the living room almost finished so thought id take some pics... will dig the CD out of the before pictures, the difference in the house now is mad.

Living Room

This wallpaper (below) is going on the wall where the clock is (above)

Wires will be sorted in time, running a feed from the kitchen to behind the TV and putting a socket there.

Will get pics of each room as and when I finish them

[Edited on 13-12-2007 by JayM]

[Edited on 14-12-2007 by JayM]

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by JayM]
Jay

14th Dec 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done the wall now...

First time i've ever wallpapered in my life... why anyone would be a painter/decorator is beyond me... never again!
Filby1

15th Dec 07 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks really great!! well done
Russ

15th Dec 07 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tip for hanging wall paper mate, lots of paste and dont be afraid o have bits left over at top and bottom, can be sorted later
Jay

15th Dec 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
tip for hanging wall paper mate, lots of paste and dont be afraid o have bits left over at top and bottom, can be sorted later

Tried that lots of paste but cause the paper was so thin it showed all the marks of the brush through, so had to take the first piece down and make the paste thinner, the wall was freshly plastered and its showing through some plaster marks , id of sanded it down if id of noticed first but ah well its not too bad only on one part! Yeh I left bits at the top and bottom but havent got the steadiest of hands when cutting Thanks for the tips though

[Edited on 15-12-2007 by JayM]
Jay

15th Dec 07 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do people think? Good or bad welcome
smack

16th Dec 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wallpaper looks very 70's
looks nice tho
neoquip

16th Dec 07 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM
First time i've ever wallpapered in my life... why anyone would be a painter/decorator is beyond me... never again!

thats why I did 4yrs at college... gaining Advance craft City&Guilds in P&D, 5 yrs doing decoative trearments (marbling, graining, rag rolling + colour wash etc) then went into lecturing in P&D for another 3yrs.

its not as easy as it looks is it

Papering... was it a vinyl wall paper ie: washable/shiny? or a matt finish?
did it curl up on the sides/edges when you pasted it?

[Edited on 16-12-2007 by neoquip]
CorsAsh

16th Dec 07 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool
Jay

17th Dec 07 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neoquip
quote:
Originally posted by JayM

thats why I did 4yrs at college... gaining Advance craft City&Guilds in P&D, 5 yrs doing decoative trearments (marbling, graining, rag rolling + colour wash etc) then went into lecturing in P&D for another 3yrs.

Come and do my hallway and the babies room then

its not as easy as it looks is it

Papering... was it a vinyl wall paper ie: washable/shiny? or a matt finish?
did it curl up on the sides/edges when you pasted it?

No its a matt finish, and is quite thin and curled up at the edges yeh, wasnt really cheap though but shows any imperfection under the wall, ive bought it to go in the babies room in pink, white and silver but I think im going to have to take it back cause the walls in the room arent very good and could do with a skim first, just going to swap it for a foam one

[Edited on 16-12-2007 by neoquip]

[Edited on 17-12-2007 by JayM]
neoquip

17th Dec 07 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next time you could try using a 'tub' paste, as its low water content and will help stop it curling, if you've 'made your own' paste up from a packet it might be too thin.

If your walls aren't that good , line them with 800grade lining paper, make sure you 'cross line' the walls though. hang them horizontally, not vertically.
fill any bad parts of the wall with filler sand down the walls smooth, then size the walls with thinned down paste, this evens out the porosity (suction) of the wall prior to you lining or wall papering
Jay

24th Jan 08 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The room has been painted for months now but basically just been a bed and a side table for the past few months, decided to spend a bit of money and get it looking like a bedroom!

These 3 pictures and the lamp are going but waiting till I find a new one, and the pics where above the bed (before I moved the bed) but leaving them till I find something else to hide the tiny holes.

Just cant decide on whether to bring the 42" tele up into this room and get a new one for downstairs, get a 32" for in here or a Projector and screen over the window.

What would you do?

stubbsy05

24th Jan 08 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you get the clock from in the lounge. All looking great btw!
Jay

24th Jan 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The clock was from Next mate. Think it was £20, thinking of putting it in the bedroom though, not sure if it goes with the wall or not.
AK

24th Jan 08 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice, but not too keen on the paper/different colours in the living room. The paper seems very overpowering, on a small wall, with another accent wall (brown or gray is it) opposite?

A brown/gray wall, a white wall, and a mustard, light brown, dark brown paper.

Yup... good tip on the lining paper. An 800 grade will mask a lot of minor imperfections, giving the finished paper a better end look.
Jay

24th Jan 08 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The colours musn't be showing through that good on the pictures, The opposite wall is sage green, it was originally the feature wall, which is going to be painted white just haven't got round to it as its not important had other things to sort out that needed doing first.

The Wallpaper is Silver green and Black, the couch is black and the TV is black. The only real colours in the room are Green, White and Black.

Edit: Looking at the pictures properly I see where your coming from with the mustard and browns. When standing in the room the green isnt so yellow and the silver is silver not light brown.

New Poll