corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Time on MFD blinking?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Time on MFD blinking?
Gibbon

User status: Offline
11th Dec 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you're all thinking now... and it's not that I havent pressed the button after changing the time! Infact; I haven't changed the time in weeks.

It started on the way here (uni) today, towards the end of a 30min trip my time on the MFD started to blink on and off, it didn't look like a loose connection becuase it was a constant on-off-on-off. Also, its the LED behind that is blinking and not the MFD itself, becuase the light behicnd a small part of the date is going on and off aswell.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? this coupled with my loose connection on one of my backlights for the heater controls is really doing my head in/distracting me whilst driving!#

Cheers for any help!
Gibbon

11th Dec 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also; could the LED be going? I can't imagine it would be as iv heard LED's last for a fucking age! and the BULBS worked up utill 60kmiles so im not convinced that would be it... but thought id ask!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

11th Dec 07 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the illumination dial for the dashboard lights, as that is what adjusts mine as I have broken the permanent live connection there
Gibbon

11th Dec 07 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bulb in the heater dial is off permanently now, and the mfd light is showing signs of being loose rather than flashing for a reason.

What is the lifespan of a dashboard LED?
edwardw

11th Dec 07 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats strange! lastnight when i was driving the temperature flashed on mine! it wasnt the led though it was just the mfd flashing on and off but only on the temp section! ANyone know why that happened?
Toby
Premium Member

11th Dec 07 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gibbon
I know what you're all thinking now... and it's not that I havent pressed the button after changing the time! Infact; I haven't changed the time in weeks.

It started on the way here (uni) today, towards the end of a 30min trip my time on the MFD started to blink on and off, it didn't look like a loose connection becuase it was a constant on-off-on-off. Also, its the LED behind that is blinking and not the MFD itself, becuase the light behicnd a small part of the date is going on and off aswell.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? this coupled with my loose connection on one of my backlights for the heater controls is really doing my head in/distracting me whilst driving!#

Cheers for any help!

just smack it see if it stops

quote:
Originally posted by edwardw
thats strange! lastnight when i was driving the temperature flashed on mine! it wasnt the led though it was just the mfd flashing on and off but only on the temp section! ANyone know why that happened?

the temp flashs when its cold to warn you off potentail ice on the roads
TheCam

11th Dec 07 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kenzie

11th Dec 07 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it flashing contantly, or more irregular??

New Poll