corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MFD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MFD
MR2Mike

User status: Offline
12th Sep 05 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the connection at the back of my mfd is a bit loose, and everytime i start the car up , the time + date has gone to something like 000 01/08/1992 lol, if i replace the mfd shud that solve the problem or is it likely to be the connector on the wiring thats causing the problem ???

cheers
CortraGTE

13th Sep 05 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had same problem on mine changed it over (disconnect the battery first or it blows the bulbs) but now it just doesnt come on at all! sorry its not any help but its what happened to me
RKS

13th Sep 05 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the wiring connector, get the mfd off and jiggle it abit and see what it does
MR2Mike

13th Sep 05 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i take it off the wiring connector usually falls out, and if you move it about, it goes on and off, and 90% of the time, you get it to work, screw the mfd back in place and its gone off
djderek

14th Sep 05 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try ebay for a new one?
greebo2

14th Sep 05 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be a break in one of the cables going into the connector, or one of the connector components. Give the connector contact surfaces a clean with acetone using cotton buds, same for the mfd side.

With the connector plugged in the back try bending the wires and see if it goes off, that might isolate which lead it is (it sounds like your power lead but could be one of the others). If you can isolate it to a break in a lead conductor you could cut the piece of wire with the break out and solder or crimp the two ends together. It might also be bent pins in the connector body, if you spot that try bending back into shape.
greebo2

14th Sep 05 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since you say the wiring connector falls out when you take it off, sounds like there might be a broken clip since it ought to stay clipped together. If it's a broken clip depends whether it's loom side or mfd side. As a fix you could try plugging it together then glueing it in place - but use silicone paste rather than something like araldite because if you want to take the mfd off later you can cut through the silicone paste with a stanley knife coz it's soft so it's strong enough to hold it in place but won't permanently glue the mfd to the wiring loom.
MR2Mike

14th Sep 05 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pins were bent a while back, bent them back into place and put it in, but like i say it wont stay on.
greebo2

14th Sep 05 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you could give the silicone sealant a try - just a cheap tube from the ironmongers, or maybe you could tape the plug in place with some duct tape or similar; superglue might be ok too but be careful not to put too much coz if the mfd beaks later you don't want to have to cut the plug off the wiring loom, that's why I suggested the silicone you can just cut through it with a knife if you have to take it off, anyway hope you can figure it out
MR2Mike

15th Sep 05 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill try some silicone, cheers
Rileysport

15th Sep 05 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pins on the connector inside the mfd break off the pcb, you need a soldering gun and very carefully solder them back on... did this with mine till i removed it all together
Matt.H

15th Sep 05 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as SRi-Co sed...i had this with mine, re-soldered and works again now.
MR2Mike

15th Sep 05 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

soldering inside the mfd? easier to just get a new one isnt it ? from scrappies

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MFD 24 database queries in 0.0117278 seconds