corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » 37-40" HD TV Advice

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 37-40" HD TV Advice
jamied

User status: Offline
12th Dec 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl
why not LG?
John

12th Dec 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plasmas are rubbish unless you spend a lot of money.

Who buys an lcd because they want to continue watching standard def in the longterm

Not a chance in hell i'd buy a 1024x768 plasma over a half decent lcd, money down the drain imo because you'll end up buying an lcd when you realise you're missing out.
kz

12th Dec 07 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youre wrong. i spend 9hrs a day staring at TVs. i did think that LCDs were better before i started my job, but over time have come to sence! the difference between hd ready and true hd is so minimal. i have them all set up next to each to show customers and no one can tell the difference! after i set them all up my boss actually thought the hd ready looked better, and tbh i agree, for some reason had better blacks? both 40" Samsung LCDs btw...
Russ

12th Dec 07 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kz, you need a better job

how do you set them up? are they both receiving independant signals? if you cant tell the difference your blind, change the res on your monitor and tell me its the same
John

12th Dec 07 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spending 9 hours a day looking at them isn't a good enough reason to know whats good and whats not.

The plasma may look better to you, and a lot of people infact, obviously I can't tell what looks good to you and when i'm asked about tv's these days I recommend buying the one you think looks good.

1024x768 isn't even a proper widescreen resolution, nothing at all to do with hd and true hd.

The LCD's are better tv's though whether the plasma looks better to a particular person or not.
kz

12th Dec 07 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Spending 9 hours a day looking at them isn't a good enough reason to know whats good and whats not.

concidering its my job to know about TVs and sell them i think i know a little more than joe public anyway...

its just down to preference i agree, but that means you cant just say "LCDs are better" things like plasmas having faster refresh rates, better contrast ratios (in general) and deeper blacks are facts however
kz

12th Dec 07 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
kz, you need a better job

how do you set them up? are they both receiving independant signals? if you cant tell the difference your blind, change the res on your monitor and tell me its the same

we have them running from a panasonic hd box via component. it aint just me thats blind then its every customer we have come in the shop tbh, i couldnt care less, i just try and sell panasonic regardless as we get more comission from them lol

oh and i got a new job starting next month, no more TVs!
Russ

12th Dec 07 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
quote:
Originally posted by John

concidering its my job to know about TVs and sell them i think i know a little more than joe public anyway...

its just down to preference i agree, but that means you cant just say "LCDs are better" things like plasmas having faster refresh rates, better contrast ratios (in general) and deeper blacks are facts however
i take it youve never been to pc world, i love asking the sales staff to explain technical stuff, so i can put them right

[Edited on 12-12-2007 by Russ]
John

12th Dec 07 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had typed a post about that then decided not to click the button.

As russ says, anybody i've every spoke to in any electronics shop doesn't have a clue although they work there all day every day.
kz

13th Dec 07 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trust me we take the piss outta sales people in currys, tescos etc. my opinion has only changed through actually seeing results with my own eyes!
Lee Wilson

13th Dec 07 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Samsung 1080p IMO

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll