corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » A few questions....(Corsa B)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A few questions....(Corsa B)
Dom

User status: Offline
20th Oct 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lost my Haynes, so i have a few questions -

So, does anyone know roughly how much oil a 1.2 16v Corsa B takes?

And the best way to flush the coolant - nut under the rad? worth using coolant flush? And im guessing just stick a hose in the coolant tank and run it until it comes out clear at the bottom? And best way to fill it back up? - heard it's best to fill it up to the 'cold' line, run the engine with the cap off and keep filling it until you get the correct level? And idea on how much coolant i should use, ratio of mix etc?

Any pictures would be appreciated

cheers all

Edit - Also, anyone know how to take the AFM off (looks like two star bolts)?

[Edited on 20-10-2007 by Dom]
sand-eel

20th Oct 07 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've done the flush, oil is about 4 litres i think, you take off the bottom rad hose on the drivers side and stick a hose in the coolant tank and flush it, this only flushes the rad. To flush the engine put the bottom rad hose back on and take the thermostat off (prob get a new gasket)and switch the hose back on so now the engine gets flushed, put the stat back on. take the bottom hose off again and drain the water. put hose back on fill with antifreeze then put water in, then run the engine. whilst the engine is running squeeze the coolant pipes to get air out the system, notice the water level will drop, so top up, after driving the car levels will prob drop again so top up as required.
can't remember how many litres the rad takes, but the antifreeze bottle will tell u the amount needed for the amount of water
Dom

20th Oct 07 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how easy is it to get the thermostat off? just that it seems the housing is in a bit of an awkward position.

Cheers though dude
sand-eel

20th Oct 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite easy take off hose and there is 3 torx bolts i think
joey736

20th Oct 07 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im fairly sure the coolant system holds about 6 litres. use 3 litres antifreeze and 3 litres water, then top up with water whats left
Richardhhha

20th Oct 07 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coolant system takes 5.8 leaters
and oil the thing will take 3.5 leaters
Dom

20th Oct 07 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, will pop down halfrauds and pick up a new thermostat tomorrow (might as well replace it with the few heating issues im having anyways) and will give the coolant a good flush, along with the rest of the service

New Poll