corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Not your average LET questions...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not your average LET questions...
Hamish

User status: Offline
4th Feb 07 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of quick questions that i dont think are asked all the time that i need some help with about putting a LET in a corsa:

1) Do LET's come with an oil cooler as standard? If they dont would it be sensible to put one in?

2) What is the largest rad (volume wise) that can be be fitted into a LET corsa? Is it a diesel corsa rad?

3) Is it possible to find the age and model of the doner car from the engine number ( or do you need the Vin plate or reg)?

Any help would be great
J100RSA

4th Feb 07 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All lets had oil coolers
Standard corsa rad works fine use air con rad if you want a bit bigger and NOT a diesel rad
i beleive you can work out from a vauxhall dealer what year the engine is but not 100% sure
Hamish

4th Feb 07 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that.
Would it be advisable to udgrade the oil cooler if its not a standard let?
In that case which corsa modals had aircon?
J100RSA

5th Feb 07 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4/1.6 sport radiaitor with aircon then use a mk3 astra gsi top hose as for the oil cooler its the same as an xe
ed

5th Feb 07 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought the radiator will be part of the deal. It's not worth anything on it's own as such - unless you want a new one anyway.
Hamish

5th Feb 07 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i know ed. Steve told me it liked to overheat though, hence why the fan is wired constantly on, just wondered if there was another way round this
ed

5th Feb 07 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only overheated in the summer when sat in traffic really. If you are thinking of upgrading the rad Regal do a high capacity one made of copper for 2.0 converted Corsa's. As far as I know Steve's car has a Diesel radiator on it...

It's actually a Corsa problem. They seem to get hot when stood still - having a fecking huge turbo in there too just adds to it.
Hamish

5th Feb 07 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enuff, cheers ed for that.

Another quick question...is it easier to put an engine in and then install an alarm or is it better to do it the other way round?

New Poll