corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Vista admin permission problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vista admin permission problem
Fad

User status: Offline
24th Jun 07 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am really starting to dislike Vista....I downloaded something and now wish to move it from downloads to my music which seems simple enough.

It just will not let me and keeps saying I need permission even though I am logged is an Administator? This is really getting on my tits help
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 07 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it should prompt you to say, do you want to have permission of this folder, if your in as administrator
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 07 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you sure your in as proper administrator? the administrator user is disabled as default in vista, have you enabled it then?
Fad

24th Jun 07 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know too much about vista but just checked in control pannel and I am logged in as an Administrator with password protect....

All it seems to do is say you need permision then given the options of skip or cancel and all I want to do is drag one folder into another
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 07 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, right click my computer, goto manage, then users and groups, then users, find the administrator user, right click, properties and enable it, then log in as administrator.

sounds like logged in as an administrator, not the administrator, there is a difference.

Fad

24th Jun 07 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked the users and the propeties of the account and the 'Administrator' is selected and mentions I can changed things etc etc so deffo in as Administrator.

In the I sent the item to documents then dragged it over to My music but this just seems a long drawn process for no reason

[Edited on 24-06-2007 by Fad]

New Poll