corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Best ISP for Student House!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best ISP for Student House!
topshot_2k
Banned

User status: Offline
20th Jun 07 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nildram:

Fair use policy
To ensure everyone gets a fair share of our High Performance we have implemented a 'Fair Use' policy for Peak Time transfer allowance - this applies to data transferred between the hours of 8am and Midnight, seven days a week. Once the allowance is hit, users will still be able to connect - but limited to 64Kbps transfer rate. Any data transferred between Midnight and 8am does not count towards the Data Transfer Allowance.

Unused monthly allowance can be carried over and 'banked' for a maximum of one month. So based on a 50GB allowance, if one month only 30GB is used, 20GB will be carried over to the following month - giving an allowance of 70GB. If 40GB is used in the second month, 10GB will be available to transfer to the next month.

In the very unlikely event that users hit the Fair Usage allowance they have the option of purchasing additional 'Peak Time' data transfer at 99p per additional 1GB, charged in 2GB increments.
topshot_2k
Banned

20th Jun 07 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

limited to 64kbps once 50gig is reached
dannymccann

20th Jun 07 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad uses nildram, have been pretty good so far i have to admit, he usually swaps ISPs every year but he has been with them for 2 and a bit now.....
dannymccann

20th Jun 07 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but im not paying £47 for it to be set up, and 26 + 11 = 37 a month, too much
Nismo

20th Jun 07 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
limited to 64kbps once 50gig is reached

50Gb is at peak timesso you download as much as you want from midnight - 8am , and you roll over your allowence,plus 50Gb is allot for any one user per month.

Most months i end up with about 80Gb permonth as i download all my stuff over night.

Revolver

21st Jun 07 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sky package is what I have at home.

I recommend it.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Jun 07 at 07:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spank it on eclipse and get no warnings etc.
dannymccann

21st Jun 07 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eclipse doubles up evolution broadband dont they willay? we had evolution before nildram, and the fuckers didnt deliver in 2 months on 8mb. In fact, our 512kb line BEFORE that was faster, not willing to touch them again...

With th Sky service, yes its a possibility but you need a sky dish, I asked my dad and because we are going to be living in a very built up area (single lane one way, terraced housing either side) we would need planning persmission for a sky dish??? more hassle than its worth? Plus sky is £37 a month again, for a load of shite channels, half of which u can get on freeview anyway
drunkenfool

21st Jun 07 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dna23
drunkenfool always raves about one, can't remember which it is Nimrod IIRC. not sure on shaping .etc

Yup, Nildram. I've been with them a year, no traffic shaping, the line has never gone down, and I always get 800+ kB/s

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll