corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C16SE Misfiring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C16SE Misfiring
Teknologikal

User status: Offline
31st May 07 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I passed MOT on default today (emissions failed her on last run) thank god....there's no such reference for a 1.6 8v Corsa so nothing to check against so they passed me! Just scraped through on the default emissions

But, all this has done is buy me time and the means to get this car to and from wherever I need to take her to get this misfire sorted out. I may decat her for now to see if that makes any difference. She's worse when warm but something is definitely not right. What is confusing the issue is that I got people on one hand saying "Can't be the cat being blocked" or "Has to be the injector". There's a lot of back pressure when you take off the oil filler cap but the engine has had a compression test and is nigh on perfect. As I mentioned before the injectors were serviced and found to be working fine.

To clarify matters for those that have done the C16SE transplant before that may be able to help.....

I kept everything bar the ECU and engine. The engine had PAS so I had to remove the pump and the bottom/centre pulleys from the C16SE and I transplanted the bottom pulley and alternator from the C14SE onto it so I could fit the v-belt. Didn't change the engine loom since everything bar the ATS had a home (ATS was plugged into the inlet trunking instead).

She was running fine until recently when she started missing. In my previous post I explained the measures I took to rectify the problem at great expense ie. new CTS, ICV, Lambda, leads, plugs, coilpack, TPS, ECU and new fuel filter.

I really need to get this problem sorted before it gets any worse or causes damage. Symptoms are: hesitation when you open her out, lumpy idle, misfire (for the mostpart when warm), NO EML illumination and only ever one fault code produced (Error 24 No Speed).

So, could a blocked cat make an engine misfire? Also, where is the VSS in a standard Corsa SRi 1.4 8v (bearing in mind all that was changed was the engine and ECU).

[Edited on 31-05-2007 by Teknologikal]
Teknologikal

31st May 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any other info needed, please post and I'll provide what I can....

[Edited on 31-05-2007 by Teknologikal]
Vaux Lad

31st May 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe headgasket blowing? Causing a misfire?

Is the misfire constant throughout revs?

VSS is screwed to the top of the gearbox, under the speedo cable.
Teknologikal

3rd Jun 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There doesn't appear to be any wire from my gearbox that would suggest any use other than reverse light??

I bought a new Speedo drive (part number: 90375764) but again, doesn't look like it would have anything to do with the VSS. I've been told, but by someone with a different engine setup, that the VSS is on the back of the clocks above where the speedo cable attachs....not looked as yet.

M303CGO

4th Jun 07 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a very similar problem. C16xe Poor starting & idle, misfire under acceleration when warm.

What is vss and what does the speedo drive have to do with it as my speedo cable if F*cked??

Cheers

New Poll