corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Help with windows xp please!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with windows xp please!
Greg W

User status: Offline
   26th Apr 07 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i've got an external hard drive with all my music on it, i bought a new pen drive and it has replaced the directory of what the external hd used to be.

The problem is that i use iTunes and it is now saying it cannot locate the files because it has switched directories. The directory of the external hard drive used to be ( I: ) but it is now ( J: )

I would really appreciate some help on how to fix this as I dont want to have to re-locate all of my music as there is about 30gb's worth!

Greg.

[Edited on 26-04-2007 by Greg W]
pow
Premium Member

26th Apr 07 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can swap the dirve letters in device manager, lemme just recap to see how and illpost up
pow
Premium Member

26th Apr 07 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Righty ho then,

Plug both in... then swap the Drive Letters by doing this:

How to change a drive letter
To change an existing drive letter on a drive, on a partition, or on a volume, follow these steps:
1. Log on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.
3. Click Administrative Tools, double-click Computer Management, and then click Disk Management in the left pane.
4. Right-click the drive, the partition, the logical drive, or the volume that you want to assign a drive letter to, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
5. Click Change.
6. Click Assign the following drive letter if it is not already selected, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
7. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the drive letter change.
The drive letter of the drive, the partition, or the volume that you specified is changed, and the new drive letter appears in the appropriate drive, partition, or volume in the Disk Management tool.

From the MSdatathingy

EDIT: Make sure you dont touch your C (Internal Hard Drive!)

[Edited on 26-04-2007 by pow]
Greg W

26th Apr 07 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted now mate thanks a million!

Cheers, Greg.
pow
Premium Member

26th Apr 07 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Probs

New Poll