corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » adjustment of camber on rear wheels?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author adjustment of camber on rear wheels?
corsasriboy

User status: Offline
9th Apr 07 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my camber seems to be making the inside of my rear tyres wear out,i'm going to be getting the tracking done but was wondering whether anything can be done to adjust this?any help appreciated!!
Ben ev

9th Apr 07 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no because its a fixed beam. i had the same problem, was considering making some kind of tapered spaces behind the hubs (discs on mine) but never got round to it and have since scraped the car
shane2corsa

9th Apr 07 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bent rear beam or incorrect tyre pressure would be my best guess as whats wrong.
Ben ev

10th Apr 07 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also if you have 18's it tends to be worse
rallyjohn

10th Apr 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I alter camber on rear of the rally car by loosening stub axle and put shims between stub and rear beam.
p.s can also adjust tracking using same method
Jake

10th Apr 07 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above. have a look on ebay for some EZ shims. You can adjust the toe and camber with these. I still need to fit mine but dont really know what settings i should use
corsasriboy

10th Apr 07 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanku all very much for your advice!!i love coming home to find lots of answers to my question! (yeah,i know, i'm sad). its only got 15"'s on,and seems to be the same camber on both sides so i'm ruling out bent axle (wishful thinking lol).i'll have a look for those shims.thanks again peeps!!
Ben ev

10th Apr 07 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you shouldnt have that with 15's. what sus setup are you using, springs shocks, coilovers etc
Jake

10th Apr 07 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rear axle is fixed so no matter what suspension, the camber will always be set at around 1.5degrees. My first corsa and my current corsa both wear on the inner edge first. Corsa C's are they same, they have stupid negative camber at the back.
Ben ev

10th Apr 07 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was fine with 17's but got wear with 18's. apparently its quite comon. now have a gsi with 15's and again theres no problem. will have to shim it out i think
corsasriboy

11th Apr 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just on standard sri suspension at the moment (as far as i know).looks like i'll have to learn the art of shimming then!lol.thanks for all your help!
csweatherston

11th Apr 07 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
the rear axle is fixed so no matter what suspension, the camber will always be set at around 1.5degrees. My first corsa and my current corsa both wear on the inner edge first. Corsa C's are they same, they have stupid negative camber at the back.

try and drive it with positive camber then.........it'll be a laugh to say the least
Jake

11th Apr 07 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rear beam on mine was bent for about 9months, had positive camber on the N/S. It werent too bad but i didnt feel comfortable taking corners at any speed

New Poll