corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lowered 60mil front wheels look funny, help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lowered 60mil front wheels look funny, help
corsapower

User status: Offline
9th Sep 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa is lowered 60mil the front wheels dont look rite, the top of the wheels point in and the bottom of the wheels point out what is causing this, and how can i sort it.
cheers
Adam-D

9th Sep 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

camber
corsapower

10th Sep 04 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what can i do to get them straight again
welshdude

10th Sep 04 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it is possible to alter the camber on a Corsa unless you buy coilovers. Mine also lean in towards the top but it hasn't effected my tyres......yet
welshdude

10th Sep 04 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On second thoughts u2u 'tomas'. I think he bought a camber adjustment kit designed for motorsport use...
mrcorsa

10th Sep 04 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe getting the tracking done might help?
AdiSRI

10th Sep 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tracking wont affect the camber, you can buy camber adjustment kits for the front and the rear, try demon tweeks as they sell the whiteline stuff.
corsapower

10th Sep 04 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would fitting 17's help, at the min its on 13 inch steelies, do you know of a rough price for the camber kit.
cheers for the help
italianjob

10th Sep 04 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will go round corners better now that its got an angle, but ur braking will be affected.. i like the look of a negative camber angle
corsapower

10th Sep 04 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but wont the tyres were bad
AdiSRI

10th Sep 04 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Camber kit arent too much but you will have to have them fitted aswell, at least £100 for the front.
corsapower

10th Sep 04 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a job i could do myself, i know what im doing
TOMAS

11th Sep 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right solutions to adjust camber...

1) elongate the TOP hole on the damper leg to hub mounting IF their is enough room (metal) to do it. This will allow you to slide the camber in and out and then once its right bolt it tight. Some manufacturer's allready encorporate this into their designs - FK Coilovers and TAS bilstein bodies to name two. Its cheap and VERY easy to do.

2) redrill the topmount mounting holes in the turrets closer to the outsides of the car. Bit of a hit and miss affair this one, best left as last option really.

3) buy camber bolts from Regal etc - they work and arent too expensive, although I have no experience I doubt they can return your camber to standard manufacturer spec...

4) buy eccentric topmounts from Rally Design/ TAS motorsport/ Harry Hockley which allow full camber AND castor adjustment - expect to pay £120 - £180 a pair. Only down side with these is that they are solid metal (as opposed to standard rubber ones) with a spherical bearing. They are SOLID so you get LOTS more feedback through the shell and steering (more precision in steering but can damage the chassis if std/rotten and not reinforced, if driven repeatedley on really rough roads) and the bearings will wear out approx every 10-20K miles (about £30 a set).

As for fitting/modifying its fairly easy but the setting up is best left to a proper alligners. 99% of highstreet places wont set/adjust camber. Best to look into local Rally Prep places and see if they can reccomend anyone. As for the actual setting of the camber its a case of trial and error and WILL take quite a while so could cost. Ideally look to achieve a camber of approx 1degree negative, any more than this and you'll start to suffer with inner tyre wear and heavy understeer in the wet.

To give you an idea when I had spax RSX coilies fitted WITHOUT camber adjustment it was OVER 2degrees neg @ 60mm drop

Good luck fellah - BTW im using the eccentricated topmounts and have had NO problems with them eccept being quite noisey with Spax RSX coilovers but that was due to the design of the spax spring topcups and did not impair performance.
OzzySRi

11th Sep 04 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in aust we can get camber pins which r just eliptical (sp) bolts that replace the lower strut bolts. by turning the bolts u can pull in or push out the camber
ikky

12th Sep 04 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you get some sent ova here!
TOMAS

12th Sep 04 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They sound like the 'camber bolts' that Regal sell....
OzzySRi

12th Sep 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ yep just like those ones
corsapower

12th Sep 04 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the info TOMAS i will have to look into some of those things

New Poll