corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20LET bottom pulley and oil pump

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET bottom pulley and oil pump
C4RL0

User status: Offline
4th Mar 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the process of rebuilding my LET before it finds a new home in the Corsa. First on my list is the oil pump, am I right in saying that I have to take the bottum pulley off for this? The main bolt in the pulley looks like an E24, is this right? Just so i don't go buy the wrong tool.

And what is needed for the oil pump, any special tools? Can anyone give me a short brief on how to change it.

Another quick question, I bought a new standard oil pump. I am going to be running nearly 300bhp, do you think I should buy the uprated oil pump with steel internals from Regal?

Any help much appreciated
Scholesy88

4th Jan 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty sure you need the e24 and the rest will just be a 10mm spanner where did you get your oil pump from as i bought a brand new one for my 20xe only last year and am wanting to swap it over to my project which is let
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant remember if its an E20 or E24 so cant help you with that

no special tools are needed for the oil pump an it is a fairly easy job to change, once the pulleys are marked and the cambelt removed, you'll need to remove all the pulley's and tensioners, then remove the backing plate, the sump will need to come off too, i think its 5 10mm bolts then hold the pump on.

make sure the mating faces are clean when replacing and you'll need a new gasket

Standard GM pumps will be fine and will cope with 300bhp, although you can buy uprated internals for them from the likes of SBD or Regal

SBD also sell a nylon relief valve to replace the standard metal one (i think Beardy off here has started making copies too) its not a requirement but i have heard a lot of people say the standard one can stick when worn or dirty oil passes through, i replaced mine for peace of mind.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

New Poll