corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brakes - shocking (V6) - why?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brakes - shocking (V6) - why?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
19th Feb 07 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can confirm that its partly to do with the ABS. it makes the brakes stupidly spongy.

I removed the complete ABS system from my GSI as I had 300mm 4pots and the pedal was shockingly bad. after removing it it was miles better.

also worth adjusting the rear drums. buy new shoes and a replacement spring kit. the auto adjusters aren great with age but if you clean it all up and use the new springs then it usually works again.
Dean_W

19th Feb 07 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had new handbrake cables and shoes fitted this weekend. Aswell as having the rear brakes cleaned and adjusted. My pedal now feels a lot sharper.
DAZ1985

19th Feb 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying braided hoses soon on v6 stoppers, mines spongy too on a 1.6sport servo if it makes a difference
mac1976

19th Feb 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have braided hoses and there still shit to be honest is there a uprated servo or master cylinder thats a direct fit a can buy
Vaux Lad

20th Feb 07 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could try Turbo calipers(slightly smaller piston than v6 items, so should give a better pedal)

A bigger/uprated servo will do nothing, the servo doesn't change the braking force, thats the job of the master cylinder.
Tbh corsa's and nova's ive been in have all had a low biting pedal with v6 brakes, you can take some of the travel out by adjusting the rears so the rear shoes don't have to travel as far.

256mm brakes with good pads/discs are well up to the job imo, and good a much better pedal feel.
X 60RSA

20th Feb 07 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the cylinders on the back arent leaking, bleed the whole system front and back again, see how you go.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll