corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Getting an F20 into Neutral.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting an F20 into Neutral.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Feb 07 at 01:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need the gearbox on my Corsa put into neutral so that I can set the linkage on it! Only thing is that I don't know how to get it there!

The gear selecor is useless at the moment, as it doesn't do much!

Any guesses?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Robin
Premium Member

13th Feb 07 at 01:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you move it at all?

neutral is normally easy to find, I'm confused
CorsAsh

13th Feb 07 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you try a selection of torx bits, screwdrivers and sockets mate?
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

13th Feb 07 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read in the haynes manual, it tells you in there. You need to get a drill bit and put it into a hole beside the linkage and then when its in neutral the bit will slot in, then you can connect the linkage up and remove the drill bit and it will be in the correct position. Consult the haynes manual though....

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
VegasPhil
Premium Member

13th Feb 07 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have to have a look in there. I connected the clamp up, and wiggled the linkage, but it's still in gear. Maybe I should put some oil in it

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Feb 07 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has the gear turret/select thing ontop of the F20 come off at all?
Vaux Lad

13th Feb 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just push/pull the selector fork ontop of the box till it goes into neutral.
It should move real easy.
Ben ev

13th Feb 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

push the selector into neutral from the engine bay. disconect linkage. remove the bung in the selector housing. rotate the selector to the first/second plane and insert 4.8mm drill bit shank end first. hold gearskick in neutral over to first/second plane and insert drill bit through the white bit on the stick assembly. should be able to marry up 2 holes.tighten the linkage back up from underneath and remove drill bit. should now select all gears.

[Edited on 13-02-2007 by Ben ev]
2ltrjim

13th Feb 07 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the linkage has 3 in and out positions (excluding left to right move ments)push it all the way in then pull it out one notch then insert your drill bit(has to be exact size) as u are pushing the drll bit in twist the linkage all the way to the left and you should feel the drill bit push firmly into place then the linkage will not move at all the you lock up your gear stick with a screwdriver (has to be a tight fit) then bolt linkage up simple as that. hope this helps contact me if youve any problems

New Poll