corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » LCD TV Help, what happens to wires! Oh, and HD?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LCD TV Help, what happens to wires! Oh, and HD?
EarlofBarnet

User status: Offline
8th Feb 07 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking of getting a flat screen TV, probs a LCD one. What the fcuk happens to any wires that normally go in to the TV? The pictures I've seen of people mounting them on the walls, shows no power wire, or sky or anything going to the TV. How does this work? Does the TV run on batteries and you somehow infra red the Sky to it?

Also, whats the crack with HD? There is something to do with 500 and better specced ones are 1000... I might get a PS3 in March so would prefer the 1000 (whatever it means) to get the best from it.

Any help much appreciated!
p4uls corsa

8th Feb 07 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wires go into the wall [behind the plaster]

u would want a tube running down ur wall for wires to run down and then plaster over it
EarlofBarnet

8th Feb 07 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds a bit of a ball ache. Thought there would be a fancy way of doing it. Might wait until I decorate the lounge then. Gutted
Colin

8th Feb 07 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can put trunking onto the wall to tidy them if digging into the plaster isnt an option!!
Aaron

9th Feb 07 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get a special paint that you put on the cables which makes then invisible....

Where else did you think they went apart from behind the wall????
C2RL R

9th Feb 07 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha ha, battery powered tv!!! thats ace. Yeah put them in the wall or just in trunking until you decorate. Ask in geek day about the HD and TV specs.
Russ 200sx

9th Feb 07 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did mine when i first moved in whilst there was no paper on the walls so i made the mess of knocking plaster off and putting the trunking in the wall then filling over with plaster before i decorated the wall, you cant even tell the wires are there
EarlofBarnet

11th Feb 07 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought that you could run the Sky through infra-red, like the senders that you get so you can watch it on an upstairs TV without running a cable. Not sure what I thought people did with the power though.

I'll wait until I come to decorate the lounge, can sort it out then.
drunkenfool

11th Feb 07 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad's setup has all the wires going into the chimney breast under the tv, then comping out at the bottom on the right hand side to the equipment rack. My mum's is the same for the speaker cable, but for some reason the guy who installed it put up trunking and ran all the cables fro the tv through that. If I was there to do it myself I would have just run them all through the wall, but i guess it doesnt look too bad cos shes got picture rail up the whole way round and the trunking is the same size and in the place there the rail was, so it blends in, you can just about make it out.

If you arent forturnate enough to have a chimney breast to run cables through, you can just chip out a channel in the wall, trunking inside that to protect the cables, then plaster over the top and repaint it
sinkyboy1

18th Feb 07 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

friend of mine has brought some trunking to go up the centre of the wall to the tv then sprayed it with stone fleck. looks good.

New Poll