corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Battery light stay's on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battery light stay's on
DYL

User status: Offline
24th Jan 07 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was driving through snow yesterday....then my battery light came on......this usually comes on when going through a puddle of watter.....but this time it stayed on. Also the battery looses all the power really quick....say leave he light on for about 2 minuts the battery is then dead.
And if i leave the engine running it should charge the battery...but when you drive then and press the break the engine dies....nad you cant start up again.
Alternator probem?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the alternator belt still there?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
DYL

24th Jan 07 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do i find that :S?
johnhara1

24th Jan 07 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

left side of the engine its normally a thin belt going from a pulley on the bottom of the engine to the alternator.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh. Reason I asked is because you said it comes on when driving through water, which makes me think that the belt is slack. May have finally come off.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
DYL

24th Jan 07 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok all sorted now....the belt wasnt there....i remember seeing it slack before but wasnt sure if it was ok or not....job done for £3.75

New Poll