corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » inlet manifold advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author inlet manifold advice
letmelive

User status: Offline
18th Jan 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the best way to get round the restrictive inlet on the x16xe engine. Is there a way to mod the existing one or a cheap alternative to it like one from another vauxhall or something. Want a bit more power but aint got much money. Going to rebuild my engine in a few weeks so anything i could do to it would be great.

Another thing would blocking the egr valve off give it more power. Any advice would be apreciated
C4RL0

18th Jan 07 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There ain't really a cheap way to improve the inlet. The cheapest would probably one of those 'Mantzel Style' inlets which are just a copy basically. They don't tend to be as impressive as the genuine Mantzel item but still give a GOOD noticeable gain in bhp.
letmelive

18th Jan 07 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aint there anyway i can mod one myself as i can weld aluminium?
Scotty C

18th Jan 07 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but the flow might be crap. You get what you pay for at the end off the day. I got mine for £230 delivered, best of saving really.

[Edited on 18-01-2007 by Monster]
C4RL0

18th Jan 07 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by letmelive
aint there anyway i can mod one myself as i can weld aluminium?

If you want you can weld a couple of plates together and make a copy if your really that keen on doing it yourself.

But you do get what you pay for. Doing it on the cheap could make things even worse if you get something wrong. It doesn't take much to upset the airflow.
GavCorsa

19th Jan 07 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just fitted a Dbilas inlet, have notice the increase in performance but am gonna get a remap too
best bet is to buy a Dbilas/Mantzel or similar, if u wana try make 1 urself then go for it, but if it don't work or something breaks due to u adding a home made inlet then don't come crying
if it works, make sure u make templates as u do it, then u could sell it, lol

New Poll