corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » BANKERS DRAFT NEED HELP URGENT!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BANKERS DRAFT NEED HELP URGENT!
Tidus

User status: Offline
19th Dec 06 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i got the people coming tonight to pick up my Sold car.

They are bringing a bankers draft for the rest of the payment @ £4550.

Im now pooing myself cos i dont know if i can trust it.

They said it was from Halifax. so naturally i just called halifax and they said there is no way to verify if it is stolen, fake etc.

any advice what i should look for to see if it genuine?

im gonna take there reg of there car the come in to.
and gonna have there details for the v5 etc.

help please.

thanks
Tidus

19th Dec 06 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bankers draft is from halifax and i want it to go in my lloyds account
Joe

19th Dec 06 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bankers drafts are issued by the bank manager and they are only given out if the money is in place. So in theory if they have one, they have the money in place and all is ok. There will be ways of obtaining them in the wrong way but in theory if they have the draft it should be ok so your just gona have to trust it until the money clears or ask for cash.

Just make sure you get as many details as possible for them and you should be fine.
Tidus

19th Dec 06 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i was confident they was cosha. but i neva seen a draft with my own eyes. someone could easily make one up in photoshop. im pooing myself noe they coming a long way.
craig8
Premium Member

19th Dec 06 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont take a chance, explain that once the draft is cleared, and the money is in the acount, the car is theirs

E36 328
messham11

19th Dec 06 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^What he said^ they can only be issued if they have the funds in their account. Its basically as good as cash. Take mug shots of them aswell
Joe

19th Dec 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig8
dont take a chance, explain that once the draft is cleared, and the money is in the acount, the car is theirs

You think they are gona let him take £4,000 and they don't get a car?

Seriously when I bought my car, my dad just explained what a draft was and that it was all fine and dandy. He trusted us we took his car and the money cleared a couple of days after. You will just have to trust them, just make sure it does look genuine, ie not on shitty paper or something stupid.
Tidus

19th Dec 06 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kk gotta it covered, talked to halifax in 3 calls and the 4forth person told me a way to do it.
get the buyers to call halifax when they get here and then once they done the security part to pass the phone to me so i can verify that the ammount has left there account this morning.
i swear the bird was coming on to me too lmao.
thanks for all ya input.
i can relax now
craig8
Premium Member

19th Dec 06 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
quote:
Originally posted by craig8

You think they are gona let him take £4,000 and they don't get a car?

Seriously when I bought my car, my dad just explained what a draft was and that it was all fine and dandy. He trusted us we took his car and the money cleared a couple of days after. You will just have to trust them, just make sure it does look genuine, ie not on shitty paper or something stupid.

well if theyre going to pick it up at his house, and if they viewed it there, they know where he'll be, its not like 4k is going to get him far if he does a runner, leaving his house behind now is it

E36 328

New Poll