corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » bank charges

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bank charges
ShEp

User status: Offline
18th Dec 06 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know about a letter going about to retrieve bank charges there was one clause though that the bank account maybe shutdown, well i have just moved banks after months and months of charges on my old account so im wondering if any1 here has a copy of this letter to paste in here? as i am going to send it before i close my account and try and reclaim some of the 100's they took off me in charges

cheers
abdus

18th Dec 06 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632,#step3

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/12_12_06_bank_14day.pdf

http://www.learnmoney.co.uk/banking/charges/case-01.html

[Edited on 18-12-2006 by abdus]
ShEp

18th Dec 06 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

legend
Half Pint

18th Dec 06 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is beginning to piss me off...

If people keep doing this then the banks are going to start charging good customers who are always in credit.....

if your shit at money management and get charged then it's your own fault as the charges are always detailed within the terms and conditions when you sign up for a bank account.
ssj_kakarot

18th Dec 06 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er tbf i dont think its decent of a bank to charge me £25 for going £4 overdrawn then another £25 when it went to £8 overdrawn then another £25 when it went to £16 overdrawn in the space of about 3 days, when i was £450 in credit a day after, not because i was shit with money simply because my phone bill came out a few days early.
Half Pint

18th Dec 06 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i beleive that is a discussion you should have iththe phone company who are applying for their DD earlier than expected.... therefore they should be refunding you the money.

But agree in most instances with their charges being a little unfair, but moving to a point were the banks cannot charge for people that are bad at money management therefore charging for having a bank account is pissing me off.
Tom

18th Dec 06 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's pish, banks are too rich in the first instance, look how much money they manage etc why they need to charge over the odds for being overdrawn once then again every time you go over an agreed amount is pathetic.
Jambo

18th Dec 06 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst i agree with you in principal HP, they are a fuking rip off and they take the piss.

TBH all the times i have been charged at least 50% of the time wasnt my fault.

I once got charged £32 because the bank sent my payment to credit card company late.
Then they "lost" the payment. Accused me of bieng a liar and carried on charging me.

3months later, they refunded the £90 odd in charges and paid the intrest on my credit card bill.

Fucking wank stains
Id have sympathy if HSBC werent bragging at record braking £20b profits (figure is an exageration as i cant remeber exactl what it was)

[Edited on 18-12-2006 by Jambo]
Dean_W

18th Dec 06 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
That's pish, banks are too rich in the first instance, look how much money they manage etc why they need to charge over the odds for being overdrawn once then again every time you go over an agreed amount is pathetic.

Agreed.

The money isn't in your account. They take it when they please to trade in currencys and investments. What do you see for that. Nothing.

Money grabbing wankers.

New Poll