corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Young wippersnappers - Website tutourials wanted.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Young wippersnappers - Website tutourials wanted.
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Dec 06 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed john
AK

8th Dec 06 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i HAD to code html by hand at uni..... fuckin waste of time. Suppose it gives you a better understanding of what's really happening behind the scences in the likes of frontpage/dreamweaver etc.
MarkPW

8th Dec 06 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I knew my comments would piss people off

Ok, HTML on its own, with no scripting knowledge will make you little or no money because it simply isnt enough to build what companies are after these days, unless its a small company wanting a small company, but they wont have a big budget!

As for PHP, money can be made but IMO every Tom, dick and harry can do PHP which means the rates for it arent as high for example as ASP.Net, although TBH .Net is becoming more like PHP now as more and more people can do it.

You didn't piss me off James. When somebody asks for advice and you tell them that learning certain programming languages nowadays will make you little or no money, that's not true. It really depends on what you apply your skills to - I was just trying to clear that up

[Edited on 08-12-2006 by MarkPW]

[Edited on 08-12-2006 by MarkPW]
Cybermonkey

8th Dec 06 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wrote a 500 line VB macro in VBA to convert JSPWiki pages to MediaWiki format, then found out it is possible using Java scripting off the JSPWiki table structure and MediaWiki backend database using MySQL

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll