corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Site

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Site
Paul_J

User status: Offline
25th Jul 04 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeLamb
im 17 and lots.. i mean who isnt a "web designer"
quote:
Originally posted by Ant D

Well to say I'm 100% self tought I don't think I'm doing that bad... how many 18 year olds do you know that can write in php, asp, VB, C++, HTML and Java...?

The job involves editing templates bought from a company online.... it is very basic stuff... but lots of money involved.

Yeh mike makes a good point - Everyone these days 'can do web design' - I also can do all those things you listed... but I wasn't completely self taught as I studied It Practioning (Software Engineering) at college and will be doing computer science at uni.
Antz

25th Jul 04 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
sorry, but when you said "This site is for showing my skills for a job... I could only be bothered to spend 2 hours on it" - I lost all respect. As you should of spent more time than you would on your 'example' site than you would on any client...

All I wanted was for people to say yes or no... I never said anything about not spending any more time on it... yeah it's far from finished... I did say I'd only been working on it for 2 hours... I never said I was gonna leave it at that...
Antz

25th Jul 04 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I think I have the answer I wanted.. this thread's dead.... cheers all for you advise, and I'll let you know how I get on
Trucido

25th Jul 04 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i mean ive done a few...

www.excession.co.il <-- israeli gaming clan sponsered by some big companys n stuff

and the others arent actually online anymore rofl that one was hardcore php coding, but good luck but I've found that people like qualifications and flash impresses most people!!

http://www.2advanced.com/flashindex.htm <--- i love it!!
Dom

25th Jul 04 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair paul, he only spent 2hrs on the thing, and you say he said "i could only be bothered"....well where the fook does it say that in his first post?
secondly, people work at different speeds...therefore, in 2hrs someone may get alot more done that someone else. Ontop of this, ant is on a learning curve and teaching himself stuff whilst he is designing graphics, reading tutorials etc etc
Thirdy, to gun him down like that is terrible...especially considering your websites arnt that much to look at either, but im sure thats because you "couldnt be bothered" you might as well gave him a gun and told him to end it right there and then

Anyways back to the topic
like i said in my previous post mate, i would really get some propper hosting and come up with an arty site or something that will show of your web site design skills. More importantly, you want to show everything off...so you PHP, ASP, client side scripts ontop of your graphic skills and HTML work. Also, gain knowledge of how to write stuff in html that will work on a number of browsers - main two being IE and netscape. But also touch on the NIX based browsers like mozzila, firebox(that right?) and other browsers that get ported from NIX to windows

like other people have said, keep it clean and keep it bold and interesting - dont put loads of links that makes the user go around in circles, have a simple menu system. Make sure that information you want to put across is clear, clean and simple and to the point. Any info that is important to user, like contacts, addresses etc are displayed as offten as possible
Remeber - Keep It Simple Stupid

Also, browse around similar sites, have a look at their code, nab code if you want...more importantly, look at tutorials and how other people have done stuff that you want to do/incorporate

Anyways mate, hope it goes well...web site design is not and easy place to get into, like paul said every man and his dog can do it, so make sure you have something that know one else has

Dom
Paul_J

25th Jul 04 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but as I said visible... I don't think I'm worthy of working as a web designer ... He does ...

Anyway... enough...

Thats mad Trucico

http://www.2advanced.com/flashindex.htm

some of that flash is
Antz

26th Jul 04 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dom... I just heard from the guy and he wants to meet me again this week reguarding money and stuff... he never said I have the contract yet but it sounds promising... I'll keep you all up to date
Trucido

26th Jul 04 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wicked!! n1

i actually heard this morning that I've got onto the apprenticeship scheme with orange as a technician!! loadssss of applications from all over the country and they picked 6 of us after about 5 stages of application am well chuffed

[Edited on 26-07-2004 by Trucido]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Site 23 database queries in 0.0133469 seconds