corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » moving fish

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author moving fish
geordiecorsa

User status: Offline
5th Dec 06 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Righty, heres my problem; I have a koi, which is now about 4+ inches, I need to transport him over 200 miles - Thing is, moving him in plastic bags isn't any good really, as it freaks him out big style, and obviously stress and freaking out is not good for 200 miles!
I was debating putting him in a small tank and just going for it, with the tank fairly sealed up, though air hosed most of the time.

Any ideas folks?
Cosmo

5th Dec 06 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bucket with a lid is the easiest way, and a battery operated air pump. Dont fill the bucket up too much or will splash everywhere.

I transported a Piranha about that far in that way, survived with no problems...and I had to keep the water warm!
drunkenfool

5th Dec 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it shouldnt be a problem, just make sure theres enough water in there so the water quality doesnt deteriorate too much, although 4" shiouldnt be a problem. I took a 19" one 80 miles and im driving to pick up the 26" one tomorrow from about 90 miles away. Put a towel or something over the top aswell to block the light out, it reduces the stress a lot too if they don;t know whats going on
geordiecorsa

5th Dec 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Champion; cheers folks - believe it or not, the koi is going home for christmas! Cumbria to Newcastle, via Sheffield, as my folks have bought me a new tank... and I'd have to get my housemates to look after the koi for almost a month - can't guarentee they wouldn't forget about it! :/

New Poll