corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Beckham
Hammer

User status: Offline
14th Nov 06 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pennant is a better footballer than Beckham

Gonzalez will become as good if not better than Ronaldo

This thread gets progressively funnier.
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Pennant is a better footballer than Beckham

Gonzalez will become as good if not better than Ronaldo

This thread gets progressively funnier.

FFS do you read what you want to read or something?

I said Pennant is NOT as good at crossing than Beckham, but he can run at and beat a man like Beckham cant do, so would prefer him in the team. Not once did I say he was better.

I said Gonzalez is a similar kind of player to Ronaldo. The bit about him becoming better than Ronaldo was a joke hence the 'learn what a pass is' and the

[Edited on 14-11-2006 by Cosmo]
Marc

14th Nov 06 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
But we already have one of the best passers in the League with Alonso...and Gerrard isnt shy of knocking a good pass from time to time!

I wasn't meaning Liverpool in particular, I meant in general.
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I wasn't meaning Liverpool in particular, I meant in general.

Ah right Yeah he still offers a good pass from time to time these days too. If he was slightly better at breaking up play Id say he could still play a central midfield holding role and pass the ball out from there...but he isnt the best at defending!
Jamie Walby

14th Nov 06 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Gonzalez reminds me a bit of Reyes.

and enough pace to beat any defender.

apart from eboue
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
apart from eboue

He is pacey!! Gonzalez tried to run miles around him though for some reason. If he was stronger he should just push the ball past him then muscle his way through....but he isnt yet!
Hammer

14th Nov 06 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

FFS do you read what you want to read or something?

I said Pennant is NOT as good at crossing than Beckham, but he can run at and beat a man like Beckham cant do, so would prefer him in the team. Not once did I say he was better.
[Edited on 14-11-2006 by Cosmo]

So you'd prefer a worse footballer to a better one, forgive me for presumptions to the contrary
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
So you'd prefer a worse footballer to a better one, forgive me for presumptions to the contrary

No, Id rather a footballer who would fit into the system rather than just a good footballer.

Ronaldinhio is a great footballer, but I wouldnt play him in a system that meant he was defending most of the time just because he is a great player so must be in the side.
Hammer

14th Nov 06 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is all pie in the sky anyway i don't know why i argue his case constantly

If he ever goes back to the Premiership it would only be to Manchester United and there is slim chance of that ever happening!
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See, Im glad you've seemingly finally seen what I mean. He may be a great player but just because of that he wont just walk into a team if they system doesnt suit him...and he is no longer a good enough player to deserve the system to rotate around him, not in a top team anyway.

It wont be to Utd, he was just interviewed saying that Utd was a chapter in his past and thats how it will always be.
Cavey

14th Nov 06 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the Beckham thing.

the MLS has just instated a clause, for teams to do... something or other.

Anyway, the clause is being known as "the beckham clause" with all the sepculation around him moving to America in January.
Hammer

14th Nov 06 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
See, Im glad you've seemingly finally seen what I mean. He may be a great player but just because of that he wont just walk into a team if they system doesnt suit him...and he is no longer a good enough player to deserve the system to rotate around him, not in a top team anyway.

It wont be to Utd, he was just interviewed saying that Utd was a chapter in his past and thats how it will always be.

Have you always had to get the last word?

My opinion stands i just don't see the point in forcing opinion on others. I have read the statements just as well as i have read Beckhams autobiography, Wengers Biography and Fergusons Autobiography.

That is why i know he'd only go back there, Wenger did want him at one stage and Ferguson would not take him back.

Never say never in football though stranger things have happened
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then between the tme those autobiographies got written and now he obviously changed his mind....
chris-sri

14th Nov 06 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonzalez has potential. He played very well in la liga last year. He simply isn't strong enough to play in the Premiership at the moment. In his defence though he hasn't had the benefit of a decent run in the team to get used to it as far as I can remember.

As for Beckham it's a shame that such a promising talent hasn't won more in his career. Ironically I think had he not fallen out with Ferguson and gone to Real Madrid then both he and United would have had more success in the 00's.
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldnt agree more Chris with both points

Gonzalez was just getting back into the team but got a knock on his knee which let Garcia in (who scored 3 in 2 games) so he was kept out for a while. Garcia has been injured for the last few games though so Gonzalez has had a fairly good run in the team. TBH I dont expect much from him this season as its a big change from La Liga to the Prem so going to take someone lightweight like him to get used to it.
Hammer

14th Nov 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Then between the tme those autobiographies got written and now he obviously changed his mind....

yes, and that would be why i said

'i have read the statements'

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham 24 database queries in 0.0134039 seconds