corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » FSX with graphics up full hilt = 2FPS, but god is it beautiful

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FSX with graphics up full hilt = 2FPS, but god is it beautiful
John

User status: Offline
17th Oct 06 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:
Originally posted by A1EX
where can i get dx 10

you cant. its not been released yet, and you wont have a graphics card that will support it

how do you know he wont?

Because you can't buy them yet.

November for the 8800 and early next year for lower end cards and ati's offerings.

[Edited on 17-10-2006 by John]
Dom

17th Oct 06 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good with DX10, but DX9 looks complete cack to what other games are out using world sceneries
A1EX

17th Oct 06 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
whats the spec out of interest?

its a dell xps system with a few upgrades
pentium4 3.40 dual core etc
1.5g of ram
nvidia 7800gtx 512
150gig hard drive
Cybermonkey

17th Oct 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A1EX
quote:
whats the spec out of interest?

its a dell xps system with a few upgrades
pentium4 3.40 dual core etc
1.5g of ram
nvidia 7800gtx 512
150gig hard drive

yeah that should cover it
Cybermonkey

17th Oct 06 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
quote:
quote:
quote:
...the ENTIRE planet is landscaped, i think MS have done an absolutely amazing job. this isnt some straight-forward ghey FPS, its the entire planet FFS.

Which means it'll take longer to install the game, off the 27 DVDs, than it will to get bored playing it!

its 2DVD's of compressed textures. will require about 10GB free space. and getting bored is your opinion. the fact is that it is the best simulation available to the public, and many millions enjoy it, incuding me. who gives a shit about how long it takes to install 2DVD's, you only have to do it the once

EvE Online is bad enough, on long journeys, but they take a matter of 15-20 minutes to travel long-distance, and you've always got the possibility of being attacked by players or computer-controlled pirates at any stage of the journey......how can you find enjoyable something where you spend 15 minutes taxi'ing across an airport to the right runway, spend a few minutes preparing to take off, take off, then hit autopilot and come back to your computer 2-18 hours later, to spend 10-15 minutes preparing to land, land, spend 15 minutes taxi'ing to your parking space, and voila, game over?

because i do find it enjoyable. i am an aviation nut, my grandfather was chief engineer at dehavilland, then at airbus. aviation is in my family big time. and its not a case of hitting autopilot mid-flight and coming back "later" as you put it. perhaps if those rag wearing bastards didnt crash into the trade centers, you could have visited a cockpit mid-flight and see what they get up to when at FL350. let me tell you its not all sitting about twiddling thumbs...
Cybermonkey

17th Oct 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
looks good with DX10, but DX9 looks complete cack to what other games are out using world sceneries

Dom, thats just with my lame ass computer using the DEMO vesrsion of the game, which has many display issues. when i get the full game sometime in the next couple of weeks, it will be screenies galore from my lame ass computer i will prove to you why FSX is going to be so freakin awesome
CorsaBobby

17th Oct 06 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt bother with getting fsx yet personally.

Maybe when dx10 and the hardware is available to run it at a steady 18-20fps, then consider getting it.

No i dont have a huge spec pc, but i get a nice 20-24fps on fs9 with ALOT of addons

With the sliders up on fsx i get around 4-6fps

And yes i do have the full fsx, im not talking about the demo

[Edited on 17-10-2006 by CorsaBobby]
Cybermonkey

17th Oct 06 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaBobby
Wouldnt bother with getting fsx yet personally.

Maybe when dx10 and the hardware is available to run it at a steady 18-20fps, then consider getting it.

No i dont have a huge spec pc, but i get a nice 20-24fps on fs9 with ALOT of addons

With the sliders up on fsx i get around 4-6fps

And yes i do have the full fsx, im not talking about the demo

[Edited on 17-10-2006 by CorsaBobby]

my machine runs the FSX demo just fine with settings set to medium-high, im a die-hard FS'er, ever heard of Project Airbus? im on the team hehehe
CorsaBobby

17th Oct 06 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw, the install claims you need 15gb of space, think i read on the previous page it only needs 6gb.
Cybermonkey

18th Oct 06 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i quoted 10GB, if its 15 then yeah
A1EX

18th Oct 06 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
...the ENTIRE planet is landscaped, i think MS have done an absolutely amazing job. this isnt some straight-forward ghey FPS, its the entire planet FFS.

Which means it'll take longer to install the game, off the 27 DVDs, than it will to get bored playing it!

its 2DVD's of compressed textures. will require about 10GB free space. and getting bored is your opinion. the fact is that it is the best simulation available to the public, and many millions enjoy it, incuding me. who gives a shit about how long it takes to install 2DVD's, you only have to do it the once

EvE Online is bad enough, on long journeys, but they take a matter of 15-20 minutes to travel long-distance, and you've always got the possibility of being attacked by players or computer-controlled pirates at any stage of the journey......how can you find enjoyable something where you spend 15 minutes taxi'ing across an airport to the right runway, spend a few minutes preparing to take off, take off, then hit autopilot and come back to your computer 2-18 hours later, to spend 10-15 minutes preparing to land, land, spend 15 minutes taxi'ing to your parking space, and voila, game over?

because i do find it enjoyable. i am an aviation nut, my grandfather was chief engineer at dehavilland, then at airbus. aviation is in my family big time. and its not a case of hitting autopilot mid-flight and coming back "later" as you put it. perhaps if those rag wearing bastards didnt crash into the trade centers, you could have visited a cockpit mid-flight and see what they get up to when at FL350. let me tell you its not all sitting about twiddling thumbs...

Sir Geoffrey De Havilland lived in my house for much of his childhood
Cybermonkey

19th Oct 06 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats cool my grandfather was a friend of both dehavilland and john Cunningham. i have many items here that belonged to cunningham in fact
A1EX

19th Oct 06 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats pretty cool
Dan B

19th Oct 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm old enough to have been on planes before all the anti-terror stuff came out, and I've been in the cockpit a few times......the three people in the cockpit were all talking to me for about 5 minutes and not looking at or doing anything with the instruments! One was reading a book!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll