corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car still dead...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car still dead...
Scotty C

User status: Offline
26th Jun 06 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following from this thread...

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=288872

I've Changed the camshaft sensor, took it off my other Corsa. Still the same. Please help! Bearing in mind it came up on Tech2 as being the camshaft sensor

Would it have anything to do with the camshaft sensor being off a 1995 X16XE then putting it on a 1999 X16XE? (they did have different numbers on them)

[Edited on 26-06-2006 by Monster]
Robin
Premium Member

26th Jun 06 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u rob hayes, he's got about 3 spares.

tell him the part number you need and ask for a similar one
Scotty C

26th Jun 06 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But, I thought a camshaft sensor was a camshaft sensor? they look the same im stuck! theres no point putting it on the tech2 again because it'll just come up camshaft sensor. I really dont think it is the camshaft sensor.

I'm gonna get the timing checked, if that is ok them in gonna replace the crankshaft sensor!

But, i'll u2u him, see what he say's. Thanks.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

26th Jun 06 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may not be the sensor but the wiring for the sensor. check for continuity from the look plug back to the ecu using a multimeter.

[Edited on 26-06-2006 by Dave A]

New Poll