corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuel protests, will you give into the paranoia?

Poll: Fuel protests, will you give into the paranoia?
Not paranoid in the slightest, I'll be filling up when I run out of petrol. 53 (67.09%)
Paranoid, I'm keeping my tank at least 3 1/4 full and I have a drum of petrol with an armed Ojc guarding it in my shed. 26 (32.91%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel protests, will you give into the paranoia?
SetH

User status: Offline
14th Sep 05 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4x4`s should automatically be in a tax band that is 10 times more than a normal car. will make people who buy them to pose on the school run think twice.
Robbo

14th Sep 05 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by colette
i'm not worryin in the slightest because when a petrol station says there outta stock they're not really they have reserves for ppl like police nurses prison officers n my fella is a prison officer so he can take my car n get it filled up whenever!!

Dont be stupid

I just spoke to my neighbour whos a copper and he told me thats bollocks
3CorsaMeal

14th Sep 05 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

essential staff at certain places can get fuel, ie the airport, have their own fuel depot and can supply essential staff if needed

think how many peoples are prison officers, then all those associated to em, if all them can get fuel then it defeats the idea

big eck

14th Sep 05 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a load of bollocks, Grangemouth refinary in about 15 mins away from me and the road block didnt even happen
Robbo

14th Sep 05 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not supposed to be a roadbloack its supposed to be a protest
Filby1

14th Sep 05 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey if there is no fuel, I dont drive simple as. better not to buy in support of fuel tax than go out fill car plus 20 Tetra cans and spend more than normal anyway
Cybermonkey

14th Sep 05 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by colette
i'm not worryin in the slightest because when a petrol station says there outta stock they're not really they have reserves for ppl like police nurses prison officers n my fella is a prison officer so he can take my car n get it filled up whenever!!

Dont be stupid

I just spoke to my neighbour whos a copper and he told me thats bollocks

gotta laugh at that lol. i used to work for Herts Supplies in the UK, they have a 10,000 gallon diesel supply within the grounds for the trucks, and was essentially used by Herts Emergency Services. not a single drop was allocated to the delivery trucks, it was completely spent on the emergency services over that week. no reserves at petrol stations love, once its gone its gone
Cybermonkey

14th Sep 05 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
essential staff at certain places can get fuel, ie the airport, have their own fuel depot and can supply essential staff if needed

think how many peoples are prison officers, then all those associated to em, if all them can get fuel then it defeats the idea

this is true, most UK major airports actually get their fuel dlievered by pipeline straight from the refineries, this also includes diesel and pteroleum, as well as Kerosene.
L33 LEG
Banned

14th Sep 05 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so let me get this straight, people are complaining that the price of petrol is too high, but they have all bought double the amount than normal

ChrisD16v

14th Sep 05 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody who works for an oil refinery also is allowed fuel from stations all they have to do is go to the kiosk n present their pass, then fill away so am not bothered!!
Filby1

14th Sep 05 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

L33 LEG, Ur very right how thick are some people?
Corsa E-Tec

14th Sep 05 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont need fuel
Cybermonkey

14th Sep 05 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisD16v
anybody who works for an oil refinery also is allowed fuel from stations all they have to do is go to the kiosk n present their pass, then fill away so am not bothered!!

even if the tanks are empty
SVM 286

14th Sep 05 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:

this is true, most UK major airports actually get their fuel dlievered by pipeline straight from the refineries, this also includes diesel and pteroleum, as well as Kerosene.

I could do with one of those - straight into my garage Preferably pumping some early 1970s style 5 star Texaco pump fuel.

Somewhere between 102 and 105 RON if I remember rightly

McLaren got points returned after proving unfair disqualification from one GP when they were accused of using illegal fuel.
They proved it was genuine Texaco 5 star forecourt petrol and the FIA had to bite the big one and apologise.

Pump fuel was so good then it was tantamount to race fiddling
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Sep 05 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove in to the petrol station today, which was so empty I thought it was closed, straight on to a pump, filled the car with no restriction and didn't even queue to pay. The shop was so empty I even laughed with both staff about how idiotic people are when there is actually no problem.

Futher to that, the roads were empty this morning and last night, and hopefully will be tomorrow anyway as people are still worrying about how their life is going to end if they can't get down the street without mechanical assistance.

Give me protests every week. I'm actually quite looking forward to the day that petrol is £2/litre, people who need to be places can be and the money is reinvested in to repairs to further enhance the experience of using a road for going somewhere not parking and occasionally moving your parking space closer to work.
3CorsaMeal

15th Sep 05 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to start a panic buy on milk and bread
mwg

15th Sep 05 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i want to start a panic buy on milk and bread

People have been buying up the bread round here for some reason. Didnt realise petrol and bread had anything in common
Edd

15th Sep 05 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd_20
well panic buying has well and truly set in here,my petrol station queue was way back round the round about down the road from the station at 9:15 last night,but to top it all off i was in the main shop and people are buying trolley loads of milk and bread

too late 3cm
Filby1

15th Sep 05 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same here, Roads dead vbothg last night and this morning. Fuel station so dead last night i went in to ask if they had petrol. not a single car the whole time i was in there
3CorsaMeal

15th Sep 05 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
well panic buying has well and truly set in here,my petrol station queue was way back round the round about down the road from the station at 9:15 last night,but to top it all off i was in the main shop and people are buying trolley loads of milk and bread

too late 3cm

was a good plan tho
Edd

15th Sep 05 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

too late 3cm

was a good plan tho

lets start a panic buy of something else
Cybermonkey

15th Sep 05 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:

I could do with one of those - straight into my garage Preferably pumping some early 1970s style 5 star Texaco pump fuel.

Somewhere between 102 and 105 RON if I remember rightly

McLaren got points returned after proving unfair disqualification from one GP when they were accused of using illegal fuel.
They proved it was genuine Texaco 5 star forecourt petrol and the FIA had to bite the big one and apologise.

Pump fuel was so good then it was tantamount to race fiddling

take me back in time doc

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuel protests, will you give into the paranoia? 23 database queries in 0.0158918 seconds