corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Sport Alarm/Drivers door lock

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport Alarm/Drivers door lock
Rob_Corsa

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 05 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I have recently bought a 2000 Corsa sport and I cant seem to get the alarm to turn on.
I can press the button near the interior light and get the alarm led to flash for 10 seconds(to diable ultra-sonics).
When I turn the drivers door key 90' to the horizontal position and remove, the LED does nothing.
One thing I have noticed is that the first 60odd degrees of movement does nothing and is completly free.
My previous corsa with central locking had resistance from vertical to 60odd degrees and would lock the doors but not dead-lock them. You then had to turn the key a further 30 odd degrees to horizontal to get the dead-locks to activate.

Any Ideas
bri

3rd Apr 05 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a common fault on the corsa; there is part of the locking mechanism on the inside of the lock that usually brakes, the part from Vauxhall is just a few pounds and easy to fit.
Rob_Corsa

9th Apr 05 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted it. The Dead-lock ring behind the lock barrel as bri said was broken. I got one from vauxhall for £4.75.
The car now dead-locks fine and the alarm is working.

New Poll