corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa sport standard alarm

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa sport standard alarm
ciderman

User status: Offline
   8th Nov 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just got a
corsa sport 1.4 16v 1999 T reg
i noticed the alarm wasnt activating when i turned the key 90%, as in the light on the dash under the hazard switch wasnt coming on, i know it works cause when i pushed the button next to the sensor on the map reading light, the light sarts to flash for a little while then stops (which i also dont know why it does this) so i tested by locking the car while my girlfriend held down the bonnet switch, and just like i thort when it was releasted after about 30 sec to 1 min, nothing happened. so i took the door card off the drivers door to see if the alarm trigger switch was working, NOW HERES WHERE THE PROBLEMS STARTS

i got the girlfriend to hold the button in on the drivers door as i locked the door and manually pressed the alarm micro switch inside the door, and the aralm light started to flash, and when she releasted the door button the alarm started to sound. BUT on closer inspection of the door lock i have noticed that when the key is turned in the lock there is no way of the little micro switch ever getting switched, as there is nothing connected to the actual lock that will switch it on as it should
Black Corsa SRi

8th Nov 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just so u know for when you get your alarm working mate the button next to sensor on map reading light deactivates the motion senors i think so you can leave dogs etc in the car. I not sure what should activate the microswitch on the door but could u try bodging something so it makes the swtich when you turn the lock to the - position
ciderman

8th Nov 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Black Corsa SRi
just so u know for when you get your alarm working mate the button next to sensor on map reading light deactivates the motion senors i think so you can leave dogs etc in the car. I not sure what should activate the microswitch on the door but could u try bodging something so it makes the swtich when you turn the lock to the - position

thort about trying to bodge something, but it would have to be something welded onto the actual lock itself
or trying to put something the same thickness as the micro switch behand the switch that is there already, as there is a small type trigger on the lock which would probably do the trick, this is another part which is very confusing, it looks like this is what it should do but it wont trigger the spring on the micro switch, and i cant imagine something as broke off the lock which stops this from triggering the switch. but you never know
anybody got any more ideas as to why this wont work
Black Corsa SRi

8th Nov 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be that the spring on the microswitch has bent or moved out of place have you looked at that side rather than trying to find something missing off the lock itself? just an idea like its hard to say without seeing
ciderman

8th Nov 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Black Corsa SRi
it could be that the spring on the microswitch has bent or moved out of place have you looked at that side rather than trying to find something missing off the lock itself? just an idea like its hard to say without seeing

yea im pritty sure nothing as broke off the micro switch, ive had nealy every type of vauxhall (astra mk 1&2, 6 cavaliers, omega, vectra) and ive came across these micro switches afew times with fitting electric windows and changing door handles ect, and it looks pritty much complete to me. all i can think is the actual lock barrel itself as something missing. it is hard to get in and see for sure without taking it all to bits but i suppose im going to have to do this to try and fix it
thanks for taking time to help mate
if you OR anybody else have some ideas please let me know before i have to dismantel the door
Ajones_17

9th Nov 04 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the same situation mate i've got a 1998 1.6 16v sport and mine does the same. the light flases when you press the buttom but the alarm won't sound when i tries releasing the bonnet sensor.::-(:
ciderman

9th Nov 04 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ajones_17
I'm in the same situation mate i've got a 1998 1.6 16v sport and mine does the same. the light flases when you press the buttom but the alarm won't sound when i tries releasing the bonnet sensor.::-(:

i would say you will need to check the micro switch which is attached to the backen plate behind the handle inside the door. its easy done really once you get the door card off you can see the switch, the hardest part is getting your hand in, once you touch the spring onto the switch the central locking should activate and the alarm light should start to flash constantly, once it slows done and flashes intermittently that means the alarm is active. but as you will have the drivers door open while doing this you need to get somebody to hold in the door switch while you hold the micro switch in, once the light shows you its active, release the door switch. the alarm should sound. to knock the alarm off just switch the micro switch as if you where opening the door with the key.
JJ

9th Nov 04 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a thing called a new "locking cam" u get these from vaux and it fits in where the micro switch is with a really small ball bearing... does ur car deadlock when u turn the key?
ciderman

12th Nov 04 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JJ
You need a thing called a new "locking cam" u get these from vaux and it fits in where the micro switch is with a really small ball bearing... does ur car deadlock when u turn the key?

no the car doesnt deadlock when i turn the key 90%

New Poll