corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X14XE, X16XE Head?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14XE, X16XE Head?
Black Mamba

User status: Offline
   22nd Jun 06 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, i know im running another thread but this is kinda urgent, got the opportunity of gettin a c16xe head, now my stem seals have gone and my rocker cover gasket, is there anything wrong with puttin a c16xe head on a x14xe block, is there anythin good about it? i did a search and am pretty sure it'll fit. any help much appreciated. Cheers
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

22nd Jun 06 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it wont work. c16xe pistons have valve cut-outs in the pistons due to the cams having a higher lift.

x14xe's dont have these cut outs in the pistons. why not just replace the stem seals and the rocker gasket? its a lot easier and cheaper.
Black Mamba

22nd Jun 06 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not when the recon'd head is goin for v little money. but thanks for the advice, i figured that might be the case, just read on here they fit, c16xe cams must have a fairly high lift to interfere, higher than x14xe aftermarket ones?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

23rd Jun 06 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, they arent really high lift, its just that theres no cut outs in the pistons.

get a head gasket set for £50. that includes stem seals, head gasket, bolts well everything you need really. lot less hassle too.

New Poll