corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 16c low idle problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 16c low idle problem
alistairolsen

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 06 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dads 1.2 16v has developed an issue over the last couple of days. Its dropping to idle at about 400rpm, and understandably is a bit lumpy down there. It seems to pick up fine, revs cleanly and feels normal. Theres no ecu light and no limp home mode. Its also not hunting at all.

I assume idle is ecu controlled , so all the above 9apart from the lack of hunting) points to an icv issue?
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 06 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look on e bay mate, i would say its the idle control valve, just an electric thing next to your throttle body, they do tend to goon these engines.......could be egr though......

EGR
AFM
ICV

ICV off e bay around 38 notes
AFM round 140 when i got mine

not sure about egr valve though....sure you'l get a few replies as these engine have a few kids toys for sensors under them!

New Poll