corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » heater trouble

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author heater trouble
puregarage87uk

User status: Offline
10th Jun 06 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i turn my heater fan on it blows out cold air when its on hot. even when the engine has warmed up. any ideas what could be wrong.
carnuts

10th Jun 06 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought some done this for safety to stop the driver falling asleep my old cae used to thats why i had the vents closed most the time lol
manchester-lad

10th Jun 06 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey mate had same problem on mine it turned out to be no antifreeze topped it up worked fine after that.
Will_Sport

10th Jun 06 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possible problems:

1) heater matrix broke/blocked... this is like a mini radiator that warms air up coming into car (ie. it has coolant flowing through it from ur engine)

2) cable broke/dislodged on heat control.... this moves a little panel so the air will either go over the heater matrix on its journey to the cab or on cold it'll prevent air coming into contact with heater matrix before it gets to cab.

put ur hand near the vents for your feet... this is near heater matrix... if its all cold down there is the matrix (get a haynes manual to find if you need, or could be an air lock preventing the hot coolant getting into the matrix)
Lisa

10th Jun 06 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about thermostat not working.
Will_Sport

10th Jun 06 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if thermostat wasn't working the coolant wouldn't get into radiator and it would over heat and his incar-heating would be the least of his problems lol.

^correct me if i'm wrong btw... but a not working thermostat means coolant doesn't get into radiator???
carnuts

10th Jun 06 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i means that doesnt circulate but actually makes the engine run cold for ages before getting anywhere near warm

New Poll