corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » changing clocks in corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author changing clocks in corsa
alistairolsen

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im trying to change 130mph non revcounter clocks for 140mph revcounter clocks. (both electric feed)

I had expected them just to slot in, but the plug in my car doesnt have a green wire for a revcounter. Looking at the back of the clocks It is obvious that there are a number of other wires missing too. That are these other wires for? Can I joinm the green from the cu/engine loom to the clocks? Which pin does it need to go to?

Cheers.
Rileysport

4th Apr 06 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are at all unsure, trace the pcb on the back of the clocks to the rev counter assembly, relate that to a blank pin on the plug and run the wire to there

[Edited on 04-04-2006 by SRi-Co]
alistairolsen

4th Apr 06 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any gen on what the other wires are? Theres about 5 or 6 missing when you compare the plug to the marks on the tabs in the new dash.

Theres a green in the car loom where the 9 pin plug is. Ive wired it in. ANy gen on where this goes, as surely the only need for a green in the car loom is the dial feed? Am I likely to find it taped up somewhere?
Poot

4th Apr 06 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a certain green wire on the ECU, use an ammeter and there should be around 7v running through this wire at idle, when you rev the engine should rise (not sure what up to, could be around 12v)

And voila, this is the correct wire. I ran a wire from this to the correct plug in the one behind the dash, works perfect

New Poll