corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Powering 2 amps

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Powering 2 amps
woz9

User status: Offline
29th Mar 06 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Powering 2 amps

Just a quick questio, if i wanted to run 2 amps of 1 power lead, i can use a splitter in the boot instead of running 2 wires through my car, i am assuming then that an extra fuse needs installing? and i so where does it go in-line.

Any help needed

Ta, Woz
woz9

29th Mar 06 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and do i need a bigger gauge power wire, if so, how big, i am hoping to run 2 400w amps, one bridge to my sub and the other to my 6x9's
Wrighty

29th Mar 06 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea one of them 'splitters' should be fine,you will need a couple of lengths or power cable to run from the 'splitter' to the amps though

and the bigger the the power cable the more power it can carry (8 guage been thin wire 0 guage been big wire) so you will probs need some good cable for 2 amps!

hope this helps

[Edited on 29-03-2006 by Wrighty]
mikeySR

29th Mar 06 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What size cable do you have all ready?
What fuse ratings are in the amps?
woz9

29th Mar 06 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrighty: cheers, any help is helpful, because i am clueless when it comes to this sort of thing, i have installed numerous amps, but never 2

mikeySR; Both amps are 400w and have 25A fuses, 1 is JBL and the other is audiobahn. The audio bahn 1 may not work tho, my mate give it to me, it seemed to cut out because of power surge.
mikeySR

30th Mar 06 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 4guage main supply cable will suffice then. Run this to a fused distribution box, and then you can run either 4 or 8Ga from there to each amp. You need a 50A fuse within 18" of the battery, and two 25A fuses in the distribution box. Also connect the earths from both amp to the same ground point, make sure of good contact by removing the paint at the contact point.

New Poll