corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » carbs on a C14NZ

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author carbs on a C14NZ
ollied

User status: Offline
14th Feb 06 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rite i am faced with the descision now wether to buy my parents car from them in june (astra 1.4 16v ) or to tune the engine i have in my corsa that i have atm its a 93 corsa C14NZ

I have considered a viper but i cant justify the price for the power gain. So i have started looking into a piper fast road cam and a set of carbs

I have no clue where to go where to get carbs. will they be easy to fit and other info like that would be much appreciated

I also plan to replace the engine in december to a 1.4 16v/1.6 depending what i can get hold of

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers
Ollie
Jas

14th Feb 06 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

save for some tb's etc now.. and then in december lob an x16xe in should she 150bhp+ if you get everything you need
ollied

14th Feb 06 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm what the hell is throttle bodies i take it they are carbs?

I assume that a C14nz wont respond very well to carbs by way of a power increase
Jas

14th Feb 06 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure about the carbs mate.. obviously they will igve you some sort of increase,,, but i was just thinking why start tuning this engine when you wana change it in 8-10 months! il get you a link to a set a tb's

and no they are not carbs
Siberia

15th Feb 06 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i aplaused you for yourr resilianz to stick to the 1.4.... but is time to upgrade chief... whether it be in engine or car...
Cybermonkey

15th Feb 06 at 05:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ollied
Hmm what the hell is throttle bodies i take it they are carbs?

I assume that a C14nz wont respond very well to carbs by way of a power increase

TB's are similar to carbs in that each inlet has its own feed of air, but thats where the similarities end. TB's require engine management, since fuel injection is used to control the input of air/fuel. they are far more usable for everyday driving, and can offer better performance gains when set up correctly.
Carbs can be a little hassle since they may need retuning every so often to keep the ratios in check. you cant beat a 16XE revving its nuts off with TB's
ollied

15th Feb 06 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I realise what a shocking engine the car has but yes i could change the engine now but i would not be able to get insurance for it as im only 17

I am just thinking of some easyish performance gaining mods that will do for the moment untill i can get the lump ripped out and changed

Cheers
Ollie

New Poll