corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C14SE cylinder head onto C14NZ

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C14SE cylinder head onto C14NZ
SHIRAKAWA Akira

User status: Offline
21st Jan 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello everybody,

I am able to buy from a friend at a low price a complete C14SE engine head. My idea is to fit it on my C14NZ engine. The C14SE head has bigger valves and a better camshaft. For simplicity I would keep, for now, the C14NZ intake manifold and throttle body.

Will everything fit (expecially the C14NZ intake manifold on the C14SE head)? What about valve clearance (but I don't think it would be a problem, since the C14SE camshaft valve lift is still quite low)?

And, most importantly, will the standard C14NZ ECU work efficiently with the new engine configuration, without engine remap? Will there definitely be an improvement in power, over the C14NZ head?

Thanks in advance for your time.

[Edited on 21-01-2006 by SHIRAKAWA Akira]
CorsAsh

21st Jan 06 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure on manifold fitting, but you'll most likely need a new ECU (from a Corsa SRi) and also a multi point injection fuel pump.
SHIRAKAWA Akira

21st Jan 06 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My idea was to fit the top of the C14SE retaining my single point injection. However, guys at Migweb told me a while ago that the C14NZ inlet manifold doesn't fit on the SE head, so I'll need, as you're saying, a new ECU, new pump, the MAF sensor, etc.

Is there any other problem involved in this partial swap? What about the ECU code? Will I need another key to start the engine?
Cybermonkey

22nd Jan 06 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i doubt you will get any gains IF the head lines up, since you will still be running single point injection
SHIRAKAWA Akira

22nd Jan 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think the limit is the single point injection. The old carburetor version of the C14NZ that can be found in older Opel Corsa A (I don't know about Vauxhalls), the 14NV, had 75 hp (with a better camshaft than the C14NZ and same valve sizes), compared to the 60 hp of the spi C14NZ and the 82 hp of the mpi C14SE. The single point injection is much like an electronically controlled carburetor.

By the way, since swapping the tops is maybe a bit too complex and relatively expensive, I was thinking about fitting only the C14SE camshaft (lift int/ext: 6.12/6.12 versus 5.6/5.2 of the one in the C14NZ, I don't know about duration!) instead.

[Edited on 22-01-2006 by SHIRAKAWA Akira]
James R

22nd Jan 06 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just put a whole c14se in the car, sure that'will take as much time?
SHIRAKAWA Akira

22nd Jan 06 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why change the entire engine while half of it is the same? If I had to swap the engine I'd put a 1.6 at least. The problem is that in Italy engine swapping is an illegal modification (and insurance can choose to not pay in case of accident), so retaining the block = much less problems and hassle.

And besides, I'm unable to easily carry around and fit a full engine of 100+ kg of weight.
RKS

23rd Jan 06 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j1400
just put a whole c14se in the car, sure that'will take as much time?

for the cost involved in putting a c14se into your car i'd say this option too ,

plus you will then know that you have everything you need for the conversion
20valver
Banned

5th Nov 08 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as the man just said The problem is that in Italy engine swapping is an illegal modification (and insurance can choose to not pay in case of accident),

so what would be the point
byrnie_2004

5th Nov 08 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you ever stop posting on old threads

New Poll