corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa c 1.0l 12v exhaust

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa c 1.0l 12v exhaust
Ferny

User status: Offline
11th Nov 05 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does changing the exhaust have to be reported to the insurance company? if i fit a standard tiwn tip exhaust which is fitted on some corsa c's is that just classed as a normal exhaust that could of been on there for all they know? if you get what i mean.

and does any1 know where to get cheaper ones. found genuine twin tip corsa c exhaust and that was £160 inc delivery then obviously i would have to fit it. any advice?
N3CRO

17th Apr 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I wouldn't bother telling them.
If you did, they could get funny and refuse cover like they did to me with my Gsi spoiler and colour coded bumpers and if they didn't mind, the cost shouldn't go up as its just a part off another model of the same car.
deano87

17th Apr 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check before you buy and fit - get the name of the person who gave you the added extra to the premium. Take the exhaust to be fitted, and then ring the insurance company up.

But yes, you might find that if it's a Vauxhall exhaust but different to standard, they may not charge.

They did not charge for my alloys. 1) Because I had Vaux locking wheel nuts 2) They are exactly the same size as steel wheels 3) They are Vaux alloys basically, and would have been available as an option when new.

If you don't declare things and you have an accident, you may find your insurance is void.

All insurance companies are different though.
N3CRO

17th Apr 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, Door's in Biggleswade refused cover for my Corsa completely deano87!
deano87

17th Apr 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean Dawes right?

That is where I go didn't want anything extra for my alloys lol may be I won't be able to lower and exhaust my car
N3CRO

17th Apr 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, thats them. N R Dawes or something like that.
B*stards wouldn't do mine coz I got colour coded bumpers and a Gsi spoiler. How pathetic is that!
I've obviously got it insured now but don't have any of the mods declared. I'll declare them next year when the price goes down abit.

[Edited on 17-04-2007 by Necromancer]
deano87

17th Apr 07 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They won't car about cosmetic mods anyway.

I had a crash not long ago. Had Depos and debadge grill fitted (not declared), and alloys (declared) and they fixed it no problems. It's the fact that they replaced it back to factory standard and not what I wanted.

Dad takes the work vans there, so we know the owners etc, so I got a good deal on my insurance etc.
N3CRO

17th Apr 07 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool. I only pay £600 a year 3rd party f&t which ain't bad considering I only gotta 4 month old license and my car's not really that old.
Should hopefully go down in July when I'm the old old age of 25.

[Edited on 17-04-2007 by Necromancer]
deano87

17th Apr 07 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad really. £1k for me, 19, 0 NCB, 12v
N3CRO

17th Apr 07 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got alot of quotes for around a grand but can't afford that much. Also luckly, I only gotta 1.0L 12v Ecotec engine

New Poll