corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » NASTY NOISE OUT OF MY CAR!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NASTY NOISE OUT OF MY CAR!!!!
troublesome

User status: Offline
   15th Feb 03 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well at first i thought it was exhaust going over bumps etc.. check that, its on real tight, move it up and down doesnt catch on anything... been under car today to sort it..

Then had m8's in car, full car and noticed in first gear even when i move off it makes a proper rattling noise comin from the back.... Havent a clue what it could be, the more people i have in louder the noise... Could it be shocks at the back?? PLEASE HELP IT ANNOYS ME LOADS AS U CAN IMAGINE
Cybermonkey

15th Feb 03 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its your exhaust banging against the rear trailing arm. With your mates in, the car will sit lower and cause the exhaust to bang against it. Had the same problem on my old corsa. The exhaust brackets are notoriously crap.

Dave
troublesome

15th Feb 03 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so how do u fix it??? had new rubber things put on about 2 days ago... should i tighten the brackets with something else??
vauxtillidie

15th Feb 03 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got same problem on mine, dus get worse with ppl in the bak ive just got used to it now till i get my new exhaust fitted, if it still dus it then il luk into it more
c0r5a_gsi

15th Feb 03 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get one of those exhaust mounting rubbers, that a "0" shape then cut it vertically so you get this: "(" now lay that on its side and strap it to the trailing arm, cable ties work fine.
Hey presto, no more noise. Mine has been on for about 8 months and no problems touch wood!
Redcorsa69

16th Feb 03 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My exhaust rattles at tickover, can't find anywhere where it is loose, it all seems pretty solid, aaahh!
C3 LJG

16th Feb 03 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use vectra mounting rubbers on the back box they are shorter and help the backbox sit up more!
goldcorsa

16th Feb 03 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put big cable ties around the rubber hangers to make them shorter by sqeezing them in.
Paul_J

16th Feb 03 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wicked I've been having this prob when mates are in the back - wondered what it was... cheers for clearing that up... thought the back axle was gonna come off or something
troublesome

16th Feb 03 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c0r5a_gsi
get one of those exhaust mounting rubbers, that a "0" shape then cut it vertically so you get this: "(" now lay that on its side and strap it to the trailing arm, cable ties work fine.
Hey presto, no more noise. Mine has been on for about 8 months and no problems touch wood!

just explain the trailing arm to me m8, was a bit unclear of your instructions... cheers for puttin up with "homer"
Kris TD

16th Feb 03 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is your car lowered like 60mm??
c0r5a_gsi

16th Feb 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kris: Yes

Troublesome: Look underneath the car you should have a bar running across the width of the car and the exhaust will go over the top of it. Sits about 18" from the back of the car.
troublesome

16th Feb 03 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i put the piece of rubber on the bar running along the width... just underneath where it crosses the exhaust???
c0r5a_gsi

16th Feb 03 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just where the exhaust passed over the top of it, should all come clear when you look at it, when you go over a bump the bar raises with the suspension hence hitting the bottom of the exhaust.
troublesome

17th Feb 03 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers 4 that m8...

New Poll