corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.6 or 2litre

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 or 2litre
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
15th Oct 05 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
as no one has or provided documented evidence of this.

Daimo has the article as a JPEG

i dont understand what corsa120 is getting all flustered about
broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to get 150bhp from a 1.6 stick a set of tb's on it, there, should just see 150 lol! you dont need cams, headwork etc, with cams and head work you'd see a genuine 160....

as for the true figure iv spend on my engine.... you have u2u....

i just assumed (yes i know it makes an ASS out of U and ME) that your prefer it over the 1.6 as you got rid of the 1.6 for the 2ltr...

i did read what you said, hence i decided to ask which you thought was better.... the yes/no bit should have given that away??

i didnt disregard it, i agree some do, but when it comes to spending money on i.e. throttle bodies, if peple disregard the 2ltr then i think its daft the 2ltr will give more power at the end of he day, and itll be easier to ge tthe power, will use less fuel etc....

yes fad i do agree with alot of what you said there... if my car wasnt going to be used for track days then i would have gone down a different route..... hence i said above its better suited to my application...
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trouble is all u lot mark/rob etc take it like a dig at ya, it could be joe bloggs id still say same

yeh mark hopefully now u no i do love the 1.6 engine i thinks its fab its just ppl list problem after problem with xe conversion and sorry ive had none of them, and my engine is better than last engines i had which had less than 20k on, and 2yrs old. im ejoying corsa more than i ever have cos i got some trust in it with an engine what ent supposed to be there
broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oto be fair tho mate anyone can say their engine is good, my misses has a 1.3 fiesta encore, r reg, not a problem with it ever lol! does this make it better than a 1.4 16v or 1.6 16v lol? (joke)

i dont take it as a dig at all, i just think that these whats better posts dont take into accont personal preference?! do you get me?

also saying your engine had no problems is a bit of a lie.... lol! i saw it at dans hahaha!
Cybermonkey

15th Oct 05 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 3S-FE is a pretty good engine
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i never said no problem b4 hand mark i said since went in m8 i got engine very cheap too

[Edited on 15-10-2005 by corsa120]
broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i was joking about that lol!
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how often does that fezza get abused like we rag engines mark, my mrs 1.6 has never had problem hence driven by girl
broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, well, my 1.6 was a good engine reved to 7200 on standard bolts, very often, only problem i had with it was the lambda sensor went and then bp sold me duff fuel! each engine is different, you do get bad ones and good ones i agree....
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is trouble with internet u can only write a statement not implement it through tone of voice etc etc, cyber says whats he gettin flustered about im not im sat here happy as alrry enjoying this fine debate
Cybermonkey

15th Oct 05 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey leave me out of it
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no sorry monkey man
broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dude if your speak your opinion your dragged into this debate..... no way out
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you decided if your selling your yet mate
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i do want somat new but i go for drive in corsa and change my mind cos it quick, then come in and want somat new its boggling ha ha ha.

well lad who came to look at only lives up road and has always shown interest even when had old engines in but cant see it goin b4 crimbo
Ant

15th Oct 05 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the 1.6 argument that the corsa chassis cant take the 2.0 set up in terms of its weight?? What makes them so much more nimble with a 1.6?

A lot of grass routes motorsport clases are running the 20xe and people arnt runing out to fit 1.6 as they will handle better they are adjusting the setup to suit.

[Edited on 15-10-2005 by aritchie]
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i previously said aritchie, its not like ur replacing a feather with a block of iron is it small block xe's still weigh as there mass produced cheap engine so materials are still crap u wont find any titanium

yeh ive looked into rallying and more 20xe corsa's are rallying than 1.6's but 1.6's are gettin there, and they say u get torque steer lol rallying is art of car handling so if its good enough for them..... more 1.6 are seen in hill climbs and tarmac rallying from what ive seen check out some websites 4 ya selfs

did any1 see that rear wheel drive corsa maxi in tv magazine simply awesome werent it

[Edited on 15-10-2005 by corsa120]
Cybermonkey

16th Oct 05 at 03:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Super1600 anyone?
Ant

16th Oct 05 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
Super1600 anyone?

most likely to qualify for the under 1600cc class

clio is also entered in this class does this now mean a 1.6 clio will be better and more agile than a 172

[Edited on 16-10-2005 by aritchie]
Cybermonkey

16th Oct 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suspect so, it will be a lighter engine
Mattss Corsa

16th Oct 05 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well ive only just got a 1.6 GSI about 3months ago, and love it, so much fun to drive

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.6 or 2litre 23 database queries in 0.1925170 seconds